Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

rsix

here,here......stoner was sublime to watch...anyone who says he won`t be missed knows fuk all about racing and probably can`t ride a pushbike

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

All becomes clear

Stoner's comments a while back about no rule changes for a few years make sense. He clearly has no deire to ride bikes that are going to be limited to 15000 rpm and was hoping that they would hold off a few years. Our loss...

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

mmmm

definitely more to this than meets the eye.
But what?

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

IcantRIDEaBIKE

Cool man! Just read the bit about Cal as well now. MotoGp transfer market got blown wide open today! I'm struggling to see how Dorna could get away with removing the no rookie in factory team rule just for Marquez (which essentially, that is exactly what they would be doing). bluehaze60 beat me to the punch on the rumour of Coca Cola sponsoring Vale in a team of his own. Seeing as Red Bull, Monster Energy and Rockstar have big involvement in MotoGp would make sense Coca Cola wanting an ice cube or two of the action, even if MotoGp is a bit of a sinking ship at the moment. Yamaha are still looking for a title sponsor so if Vale could bring that to Yamaha, would they really say no? Especially if Jorge has jumped ship to Honda. However, would Honda really risk the situation of having both Marquez and Jorge/Rossi on a factory Honda in 2014? I'm struggling to see that one. Oh the many many possibilities!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

championships????

who cares....watching your kids grow up outweighs any amount of trophies in the cabinet or championships under his belt......if he`d carried on he would basically not see his kids grow up till they were maybe 10 or so......good luck casey for putting your family first.

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

simoncbr1000rr

Well said yourself mate. Well said.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

musical seats

jorge to honda.....dani stays put....vale and coke to yamaha......dovi or cal partner rossi....100% gonna happen.....jorge got nothing to bring to the table sponsorship wise to yamaha,who must be on their last legs for financing motogp themselves.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

he'll be back

I did'nt really rate Stoner but like all champs he proved himself over time, if i had any money i'd bet he's gonna be back in less than 5 years. I think most of them are junkies for the chemicals your body produces when your on the limit.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

u don`t rate stoner

lol lol lol............and the dumbest qoute ever goes to........TINKERNZ......PRICELESS

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

BLOODBUBBLE

lol lol...i think i got a bit all sentimental for a bit there!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices