Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stolkien

Aug 04

stolkien says:

waste of skin

how can you call stoner a waste of skin he is the fastest guy out there. i would rather see him win than some one that is on half throttle one race, then 3/4 throttle the rest of the time give me a break lets hope cruchlow gets stoners seat at repsol 2013 is going to be a slow year otherwise

Reply to this Topic
halfmanhalfninja

Feb 09

What a shame...

All you Casey haters can say what you like, but he's a massive loss to the sport. Good luck to him, just hope he's made the right decision for himself, got a lifetime to regret it. Lorenzo is the big winner here- he gets to write his own paycheque (although Yamaha don't have the deep pockets or sponsors to pay it) through being the hottest property. Dani gets another contract too,mores the pity.. Rossi won't be going to Honda, it was a long time ago but he burnt his bridges there and there is enough young talent that deserve the ride.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

spondonste

He cant have the best kit to himself and he sulks because of the new tyre rule everyone else agrees to and he hates the CR rule so he throws his toys out of the pram and quits

he is more disliked than you believe

Moto gp has to change and give more exiting racing with fuller grids and more competitive bikes given to all riders or it will die

Stoner does not seem able to come to terms with others riders having the opportunity to use some of the same equipment as he uses , he can ride a bike no doubt but boy can he moan and groan

i personally don't like him (i don't hate him) with his constant never ending moaning and whinging ! and i wont miss him at all

sticks and stones and all that crap i will say what i like as its a free country the UK ? you know

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Come on MCN....time to enter this blog and delete some of the profantites....there are children out here...

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

wosi

a reasoned insight!!!!....are u ok? lol.......yes he was dominant and it could be boring (in a sense)......but i could watch him ride that bike all day on his own!!!!....he was totally sublime....minimal traction control and perfect front and rear drifts...i and anyone who can see what he does will miss him....but life goes on and i hope what i put earlier about musical seats happens and rossi gets another chance

Reply to this Topic
WheelieMachine

May 12

wsbk??

Stoner clearly feels that MotoGP isnt exciting anymore and he has a point, predicatble top 3 and always gonna be cal and dovi battling for 4th and 5th.

anyone see stoner jumping on a WBK achine next year??

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

@ carloslavado

asked: 'Does anyone know if Marc Marquez can join Repsol Honda right away?' 

And the answer is no, he can't. At least not as it stands. But that doesn't stop him running a factory bike in a privateer team. And with Stoner set to leave, it's possible that Dorna might change the regs to scrap that rule. With Casey retiring and TV broadcast rights going pay-per-view in Italy, they may decide MotoGP needs a shake up to boost flagging interest in it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

cthwaites

Well said mate!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

????????????

don`t u get it wheelie?...........he`s not going to ride another bike again competitively again.........he wants to see and be there when his daughter grows up end of.....and anyone on here who has kids and cared enough and had the money would do the same

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

so much for his legacy...

...guess he really wasn't interested in catching Rossi's records...or even besting Doohan for that matter..not a fan of his personally, but i think its a waste...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices