Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

anybody heard

Nakamoto will be phoning Rossi soon as!
And that's not a rumour!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

i can`t believe

that one of the greatest racers we have seen..and the first person to give us real wheel to wheel action with vale is being slagged off???...this isn`t that shite game football....this is where people put their lives on the line to win!!!!...casey and vale have provided real seat of the pants life on the line action over the past 5-6 yrs can`t u appreciate that?????....no wonder he retired...for fuks sake

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

mmm

I ve explained before...The Orange thong brigade have no backup to the results pre 06....

Life in motogp pre stoner did not exist...Gibernau, biaggi and co were not formidable foe..!!

These too were formidable foe....Life begins at stoner....sorry not true....

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Rossi to Repsol Honda in 2013?   Dont bet against it!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

leemuz

Wrong bud. On all counts.

Most of the 'squabbles' here are due to the yellow brigade not liking someone beating their King. This, combined with 'the King' making an arse of himself re-the Duke just adds to Flo's fans grievances. Nothing last's forever seem's to be a bitter pill to swallow for Flo's following.

It just happens that Stoner is the best in the world atm. If it wasn't him it'd be someone else. This does'nt change the fact that Flo's fans would be pissed off either way. Get used to it.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

I hope Rossi does get the Repsol ride. It'd be nice to see him win on something that didn't need a super smooth power delivery.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

COME ON EVERYONE

leemuz!!!!!....casey is great........pacey!!!!!...rossi is great.........i know u both love both of them....please put something on here u appreciate about both of them...as over the last few years ( includiing jorge)they have provided some great entertainment..come on do it!!!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

simon

I've only ever respected Vale's record. Who can't? The Stoner/Rossi thing is mainly due to Ducati. Before Vale rode it Stoner failed in the eyes of many. Now Vale's aboard.............. the story changes.

As i posted to 'leemuz', if it wasn't Stoner then Vales brigade would be moaning about someone else. (Kinda weird that they never knock Nicky for beating Rossi though don't you think?) They can't accept that maybe Vale isn't the force that he once was. Shit happens and time stops for no man.

Nite.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

pacey

i know..when the crown gets knocked for whatever reason certain fanatists don`t like it....i didn`t like when someone broke seb coe`s 800m world record...but hey ho things move on

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

Spare seat at Repsol?

Shame to see him retire, but I understand his motivations, or lack of it in Motogp!

So the big question is.....

Who will pay the MOST for the other Repsol seat? Why would they give it to anyone?

Interesting tactical play by Stoner and Suppo, put the news out now and destabalise the rest of the riders while they jostle for position.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices