Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

girly huffs

It was obviously also a different valentino rossi who went of in a big huff, girly or otherwise, to ducati because yamaha only wanted to pay him 9 million dollars a year then.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

But hey, at least he won't threaten to come into the pits after an aggressive overtake. Also, what do you reckon the odds are after Aragon, that Casey will say 'i know the reason for the bike's problems... i'm not the correct height' ?

hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

I love MCN

I love reading all these posts the best one's are always the Rossi/Stoner posts they always make me laugh some people actually get properly angry with each other when none of us actually know the riders on a personal level but we defend them like family -brilliant, it's almost getting as bad as football (I said almost!) but please don't stop otherwise I might have to do some work lol oh and good luck to Casey in whatever you do you've given us all some awesome racing (and btw I'm a Rossi fan) but I still appreciate and marvel at other fast riders...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

decent team mates

Please list decent team-mates valentino has had wosi; take several pages if you need. Colin edwards is a very decent bloke and a more than decent wsbk rider, but never a challenger for valentino, and has never won a motogp race unlike loris capirossi and marco melandri, or races and a championship like nicky hayden. I take it you also discount two of valentino's championships along with those 3 of loris's and 1 of marco's; come to think of it I would also take one of capirossi's away.

The only "decent" team-mate that valentino has had that I can recall is one jorge lorenzo, in relation to whom there is a wide body of opinion concerning him being the precipitant of  the aforementioned girly (or non-girly) huff.  

Sure, stoner would have done better not to air his grievances, petty or otherwise, at the time of his retirement announcement, particularly while continuing to ride for the rest of the season. Unfortunately for you, as for rossi's detractors with his greater achievements, it doesn't mean he didn't win those races or championships, and calling him a quitter for leaving at the top of his game as seems to be a current vogue can be filed under straws, clutching at by the desperate, imo.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Well he's had Lorenzo...

and he's had ..

Yeah, Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

He had Lorenzo for 3 years and it took a knackered shoulder and broken leg to make jorge look half decent, since jl took over the reign at yamaha they've had their worst period in nearly a decade.. end of.. Without doubt, casey is moving on because he doesn't think Rossi will be on the duck next year and is probably shitting bricks as he has every other time Rossi has been on anything but the ducati. (Theory No1) Run to the hills ...drums.. run for your life..

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

FP2

Toby moody mentioned to Repsol boss about the chance of a rossi return..

After an apparent 10 seconds silence.....he said....you never know...??

Sounds interesting but im not putting £100 quid on it...lol

But apparently repsol will not employ two spanish riders..??

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Alot of yellow knickers have just unknotted themselves. Stoner retires happy knowing he beat Rossi and the Ducati

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

AND

Thats the only claim he has over VR....

But lets not dig up Rossi's previous results.....

The orange thong brigade start to cringe....

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

jorge lorenzo

Lorenzo ran a fully fit rossi fairly close in 2009 though hugelean. This is rather my point, I think rossi did and probably still would have jorge's measure, if not by very much, if he had stayed, which is obviously what he should have done.

Are you suggesting him departing from yamaha (rather huffily, imo) was unrelated to jorge?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices