Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner announces retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner announces retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Casey Stoner announces retirement

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has announced that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season. The shock announcement was delivered to a packed press conference at Le Mans ahead of this weekend’s MotoGP round. The 26-year-old who was crowned World Champion in 2008 and 2011 currently leads the 2012 standings by one point from Jorge Lorenzo. Stoner cited numerous reasons...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wins on ducatis

There seems to be something you are conveniently ignoring as well leemuz, 23 wins on a ducati to none by rossi.

He was closing their overall win difference, all from before he was actually racing rossi (and hence some might consider in a difficult position as far as winning against him was concerned) at the rather handy rate of 10 wins a year, but has now it seems decided that he can't be bothered , even for 20 million a year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Doohanfan

Are you suggesting him departing from yamaha (rather huffily, imo) was unrelated to jorge?

You are wasting your time posing questions like that to the likes of Leemuz, Wosi, Buel, Hugelean etc. You will never, ever, get a reasoned direct response.

They hate Stoner with a passion, they've criticised him endlessly for any menial occurence they can think of and wanted him gone. Now they have their wish and still the vilification continues. Now he's a quitter, can't stand the thought of equal oppostion (laughable, given their hero)  shouldn't have quit etc etc. They're pathetic.

It's painfully funny how much one rider got right under the skins of this bunch of jerks purely because he beat their favourite rider.

When their hero finally retires, the biggest comparison that can ever be drawn from the performances of these two riders is Valencia test 2010. Rossi 2 seconds slower than Stoner on the same bike and knowing within 2 laps he was screwed. Remember the phrase 'Casey ride's it in a special way - I can't ride it like Casey'. Because he doesn't have the talent.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Who's to say that if Stoner was on a Yamaha he would not be competitive? He might of rode the Ducati in a 'special way' but that way might not of suited the Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

bulto

i agree very much. people would remember that stoner tame the real beast while rossi shaked his ass too much. btw, firebird3, you don't know yamaha and honda bike from the way you talk. don't post if you don't know some things.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Bulto

You are being unfair including me as hating Stoner.
I have never put down or criticised Stoner in any of my posts.
Its a shame I can't say the same about you and Rossi!
You really have a problem with Rossi and you should not criticise those who do put down Stoner when you do exactly the same to Rossi.
They both have their good and not so good points and neither deserve the criticism they get on here.
Stoner fans are just as guilty as any Rossi fans and its a shame more cant just enjoy the immense talent of both riders and their racing.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Buell

Got to agree with you there.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Unfair - maybe.

I put you in to wind you up

As for Rossi, you will never see me spouting the same vitriol towards Rossi that is aimed at either rider by some of the halfwits on here. I take issue with Rossi being credited for things he shouldn't have been credited for, that's all. Generally that credit is lauded by people on forums who either don't know any better, believe everything they heard a TV commentator say over the years, or just genuinely believe that the man has no faults and is some sort of god. His time at Ducati is proof enough that some of his past accolades were not merited, yet people still continue to regurgitate them.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yeah yeah

I believe you...but I don't believe his time at Ducati has anything to do with his previous years.
He and every other rider that has won a WC deserves it.
Of course all the riders have their faults but from where I am sitting I could say exactly the same about Stoner fans thinking he is untouchable and some sort of God.He is at the moment but so was Rossi a few years ago.
We will never agree cos you dont like Rossi and won't accept how good he actually is.
What I really think gets Stoner fans is they know Rossi will always be regarded far higher in everything than Stoner and that is a fact which irritates them greatly.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Perceptions

What I really think gets Stoner fans is they know Rossi will always be regarded far higher in everything than Stoner and that is a fact which irritates them greatly.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest if he is considered more successful, holds more records or is liked better than Stoner or any other rider. All about perceptions and what you want to read into records.

Rossi won 5 of his titles when Stoner was in a different series, so there is nothing to compare until they both raced in the same series. In the years they have spent in the same series, Stoner has won more

Record books will show Rossi with 7 Motogp tiles, Stoner with 2, maybe 3. What does it mean? Whatever anyone wants it to, depends on your agenda.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny......

......do.......you......luv........Dovi?.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices