Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo shocked at Stoner’s retirement decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo shocked at Stoner’s retirement decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo shocked at Stoner’s retirement decision

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo – two of the biggest rivals in Casey Stoner’s career – have spoken of their shock at the Australian’s decision to retire from MotoGP at the end of the 2012 world championship campaign. The Repsol Honda rider, who has won two out of the opening three races, dropped a bombshell in today’s pre-event press conference at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

shocked

..perhaps...but happy??? definately

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Happy? Not necessarily

Remember these guys have been racing each other for years and driving each other on the new heights. Just look at what happened to Schwantz's motivation when Rainey was taken from the game.

I think it'll be a little deflationary for the likes of Lorenzo and Pedrosa initially. But with riders of the calibre of Marquez waiting in the wings that feeling won't last long.

A big loss for the GP's  for sure. But the show will always go on. Despite what the likes of David Emmett thinks about Valentino Rossi, no man is bigger than the sport.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chris Kam

Feb 08

Chris Kam says:

Stoner in WSBK?

Unlike the majority of Brits I have always been a fan of Casey Stoner and I wish him all the best with whatever path he chooses in the future.

love him or hate him, I think this is a massive blow to the motor sport world and I was Personally looking forward to seeing him race for at least another 6 seasons to see if he could surpass Valentino Rossi's tally of race wins and titles before he turned 33. in my opinion he could have been the greatest GP rider of all time, but I guess we will never find out now :-(

Putting the mind games aside these guys have been on the same race circuit and have had intense rivalry for years so it goes without saying that it came as a shock to them, but I have another theory!

Casey has said in the past how exciting and close the WSBK races are, this coupled with the fact that adrenaline fuelled sportsmen find it hard after retirement to replicate the rush of travelling at speeds in excess of 200mph, I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that in a season or two we see Casey making a return to the WSBK paddock, and who wouldn’t give him a ride? Imagine that for an unstoppable Honda team Johnny Rea and Casey Stoner.

Fingers crossed that this wont be the last we see of him. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

I like Casey as a rider and I wish him all the best in his retirement a massive loss to our sport.

Reply to this Topic
Crasher_666

Jul 08

Crasher_666 says:

Poorer

I'm not a fan of the bloke but he is amazing to watch on the bike, that style is beautiful. Won't miss his dickhead lashing-out antics or stupid toothsome shaking head.

Will definitely miss the lovely Adriana too! Damn!

MotoGP will be a poorer place without him for sure

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Riders Response

I bet both Val & Jorge were truelly shocked by Caseys descision.How they really feel about it,nobody will ever probably know but my guess would be this -

Val - Thank goodness I wont have to race him next year.I wonder who will take his ride next year ? If I can really improve maybe I could have his ride next year,Um,that would be good.A lot better than this heap of rubbish Im riding at the moment.Wonder if Jorge will go to Honda,maybe I could return to Yamaha instead,they will take me back.

Jorge - Dam,know I have to beat him this year to prove Im the better rider.I wont get another chance & people will always say Casey was the better rider if he beats me this year.Guess its just gonna be me & Dani battling at the front next season,that shouldnt be to difficult.Hey Im gona be In for a good pay rise next year & I wonder how fast I would be on a Honda.Maybe Casey retiring isnt so bad after all.

P.S. Dont take the above coments to seriously but there are a few hints of truth in them.The one big truth though is that Caseys retirment will have a hugh effect on the sport.I wish Casey all the best as he will go down in the history books as one of the best.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices