Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014

Valentino Rossi will not be joining Casey Stoner in quitting the MotoGP world championship at the end of 2012. Double MotoGP world champion Stoner stunned the paddock in Le Mans tonight when he confirmed he will retire at the end of 2012, when the Australian will be only 27. But Italian Rossi once again dismissed recent speculation that he will retire at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
siiimon93

Apr 11

siiimon93 says:

marquez

Will be the replacment.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Marquez the replacement

Why is this even being thought of by anyone?  Marquez [at best] can get a factory Honda in a satelite team (Gresini or a new team) next season with an agreed move to the factory team for 2014.  To get him onto Casey's ride for 2013 would require a HUGE rule change which would be a very foolish move by Dorna.

My only thought on how to "loophole" this rule is to get him into MotoGp from round five onwards as this might be enough to get round the rookie rule but this is pure speculation on my part.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Marquez

I think Marquez has got it in him to be a very good MotoGP rider indeed, but I think you're over estimating his abilities if you think he'd be in the same class as Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa in year one.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Rossi and the record

Since records seem to matter to Rossi, I only hope that if he achieves it that they are against suitable opposition riders. 

Currently that would only be Stoner and Lorenzo.

Out of the current crop of other riders Dovi has to be having a really good day and on this question the jury is still out on Cal. Spies etc just are never there. Maybe Hayden can get his old Honda ride back. 

So it looks like it will be against Lorenzo. 

Well we can only sit, and wait and watch.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

One question remains which team will have him not so sure Yamaha I think a return to Honda has to be ruled out.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

YamahaRacer

Actually Honda seem to be open to the idea of Rossi's return, although I'm not sure if Rossi would be up for it given the way they parted company last time.

Yamaha will almost certainly be looking for somebody to replace Spies. I think that until this week it was always going to be a straight fight between Cal and Dovi.  Now that Stoner's seat is up for grabs though it makes this year's game of musical chairs so much less predictable.

Bear in mind that Honda effectively have three full factory spec bikes out there this year and it would make sense if they still did next year. And judging by performances so far this year I think that the quazi factory ride at Gresini may well be up for grabs at the end of the year too.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Safety Standards

if you read any of the autobiographies of any of the MotoGP or WSB or BSB riders, one thing comes over - and that's the differing safety standards between WSB and MotoGP.

Now I can't claim to have ever raced in any form of championship, or even been on a race track for that matter, but I respect the thoughtsof people who have, and have written about it.

So, I don't think Rossi would risk racing in a lower safety standard series. Same goes for Stoner. for Rossi, seeing his mate pass away last year must have had a profound effect - I think he'll be in MotoGP before he retires for sure.

if there's a door open at Honda, it might be for a team principal's role :)

I'll be sad to see both Rossi and Stoner go - both greats, no matter what anyone says.

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

zoobaz

"Rossi, seeing his mate pass away last year must have had a profound effect"

I still think that Simoncelli's death will have affected Rossi much more deeply than most people seem to think. Don't forget it wasn't just a case of Marco being killed. It wasn't even just a case of Vale being right there to see it. Rossi was one of the other two riders who were (unavoidably) involved in the incident. Can you imagine that happening to you with one of your best mates? Would you want to get back on a bike and race after that? I'm not sure I could do it.

This not only tells us a lot about Rossi as a man it tells us a lot about his commitment to the sport. For that reason more than any other I can't see him ever moving to another series.

Reply to this Topic
madasthecat

May 09

madasthecat says:

Cal

i think there will be a suprise, and Cal will get the Honda seat for next year, Dovi to the factory yamaha squad and a suprise move for Rossi to Tech3????? I get the impression that Stoner may have a say in who replaces him, or at least give his thoughts and i think tgere is an element of respect there between Stoner and Cal. Who know, its all supposition really!

Reply to this Topic
madasthecat

May 09

madasthecat says:

also maybe for 2013,spies to ducati, hayden to world superbikes, redding to ducati, bradl stays where he is, marquez to gresini honda, bautista back to moto2!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices