Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014

Valentino Rossi will not be joining Casey Stoner in quitting the MotoGP world championship at the end of 2012. Double MotoGP world champion Stoner stunned the paddock in Le Mans tonight when he confirmed he will retire at the end of 2012, when the Australian will be only 27. But Italian Rossi once again dismissed recent speculation that he will retire at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Don't worry ChrisB, the head to head ends this year.

I think we'll have a mass suicide on our hands once the results are published.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

if u wish

I can certainly drag up some old posts but I think you might look a little silly.
I will if I need to though!
Yes it seemed unlikely to some but it was always possible as I said and now it could happen.
Regarding Rossi winning again all he needs is a decent machine and nothing to do with Stoner retiring.
I have always said he will win again and he will!

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

But don't forget to put

Retired! lol. Also the football comparison I I was the last one to get selected to play for real Madrid I wouldn't be that bothered if i was thought to as second rate. Still playing for the best team en i. But squabbling aside i can't see rossi getting the factory Honda ride does he deserve it? probably not but we wont know until the cards are shuffled and dealt. It is a shame Stoner is going and im looking forward to seeing him ride one last time at silverstone.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

By all means Buell, go ahead.

I agree Chris, Silverstone will be one to remember.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Spies wont win 3 races this year and if he does he won't have his ride for 2013. Sorry bud but spies is gone!

Too early to say that but by the German GP comes along I think his future could be decided then.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

His future is already decided Elbowz

Cal is having his seat.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Exactly Benny

And how many more times can you flog a dead horse?

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Should read

VALENTINO VOWS TO PUTT AROUND MID PACK UNTILL 2014

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Artistic licence again...

For sure he could prove himself on either of these bikes but ideally that's not what he wants.
Being an Italian he wants to win on the Ducati and its been said all along if they sort the bike he will win on it.

Ducati offered him a ride long ago when he became disillusioned at Honda. He turned them down. No thoughts then of wanting to take up the challenge with a fledgling Ducati Motogp team and to win on an italian bike. He thought they weren't far enough ahead with their development and also that the set up was too similar to Honda (it's all about the bike, not the rider)

Lets not fall back onto the misguided belief that he chose Ducati in 2011 for the challenge, he could have done that in 2004 - he didn't - why not?  He's where he is because he had no choice - he would jump with both hands at whichever manufacturer he believed could give him a bike good enough to win on and he'd drop Ducati like hot coal if it was possible.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

That's not entirely true bulto

He had a choice to stay at yamaha for less money. So there was an element of choice in his decision. And no doubt a large element of ego. As for the musical chairs, it's surely going to come down to sponsorship aka money. ______________________________________________________________________________________. I believe, although Valentino has taken a battering for the less than stellar ducati campaign, his decision to tell yamaha to poke it has been vindicated. Lorenzo has picked up one championship that sadly for him will always have that question mark hanging over it. What if vale hadn't binned it.- don't get me wrong, a winner is a winner and no mistake. But lorenzo has lost his fight when it comes to Stoner. And lorenzo has not attracted anyone to replace fiat as a title sponsor. _______________________________________________________________________________________________ There a two countries that pay for moto gp, italy and spain. Sadly for yamaha the big spanish sponsor is in bed with honda. And they let their 9 times world champion italian rider go. So this is how it will play out. __________________________________________________________________________________________________ Repsol will open up the warchest and buy up star spaniard lorenzo. They couldn't give a toss about dani, he's a cheat and stoner's made him look stupid, he's there to keep marquez's seat warm.Yamaha will pay rossi handsomely to come back. But they'll need rossi to squeeze some improvement out of the ducati to keep the italians happy, so that he can bring fiat back with him. Or he'll need to bring another big sponsor with him (coke?). Rossi and Dovi get on well and if he brings back fiat an all italian line up will go down well. Ben is doomed whatever happens- if he stays in moto gp it'll be back to tech 3.Cal is safe because bradley is not going to hit the target yamaha set him.If ben leaves we mIght see colin take his place if he's fit. Barbera would take Rossi's seat on the ducati. Bautista gets barbera's seat and marcquez gets his. __________________________________________________________________________________________________ Well that's me laying it on the line. Any takers?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices