Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi vows to race on until end of 2014

Valentino Rossi will not be joining Casey Stoner in quitting the MotoGP world championship at the end of 2012. Double MotoGP world champion Stoner stunned the paddock in Le Mans tonight when he confirmed he will retire at the end of 2012, when the Australian will be only 27. But Italian Rossi once again dismissed recent speculation that he will retire at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

no bulto it's not entirely true

I seem to remember the main reason Rossi did not go to Ducati then (according to the news) was related to the PR work they wanted him to do and nothing to do with the bike.

Valentino firstly wants to suceed with Ducati but as we know unless Ducati can give him the bike he wants he will be off to another manufacturer next season on a bike thats he is capable of riding at the front. He will be devastated if it is not possible to win on the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Are you a real fan?

Buell, if Flo jumps ship for 2013 leaving Ducati in an even worse position than they are now (their main appeal is obviously their no.1 rider and I won't argue with that, but their bikes are virtually anonymous in the series now!), how do you think that will affect the series? Sure the two red ducs are officially factory bikes, but they may as well be the fkn pit scooters for their net worth to the spectacle of the racing.

So, in my opinion, if the fangirl appeal Flo attracts, leaves ducati in 2013,  we will be 'officially' down to 4 factory bikes in the series. The series won't survive without major changes before the end of next season, in fact, if Caramello isn't already in serious thought about pre 2013 season changes, I will be very surprised.

He won't succeed at Ducati, you need to face facts and the legacy he leaves behind will finally leave him a much depised man to the real fans of the sport. Are you a real fan?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Rossi not going Ducati first time out proved to be a correct decision after the season they had at the time.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

There is Truth enough

seem to remember the main reason Rossi did not go to Ducati then (according to the news) was related to the PR work they wanted him to do and nothing to do with the bike.

The very thing that the anti-Stoner brigade are constantly on his back about as it is 'part of the job'. So it was fine for Rossi to want to avoid it, but no-one else.

It was also to do with the bike.

Rossi not going Ducati first time out proved to be a correct decision after the season they had at the time.

If. as has been said, his dream was to win on the Ducati, why didn't he take up the challenge of working with them back then and helping create a winning bike? We keep hearing about the challenges he willingly takes on - why not that one?

He had a choice to stay at yamaha for less money. So there was an element of choice in his decision. And no doubt a large element of ego.

Yes he did have a choice, never said he didn't and he chose to leave because of Lorenzo first and foremost, that is what started the ball rolling, he didn't want him there. Yes he was offered less money but we keep being reminded about how he races for the love of racing not for money. He walked and it was his choice. The 'money doesn't come into it' claims are plain laughable. He has deprived Ducati of any income from VR46 branded merchandise as well as taking huge pay cheques.

I can't blame him for milking as much as he can, but let's not have the money doesn't play a part claims.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I agree Bob entirely

With most of what you say.You are quite correct about Ducati's state at the moment and ideally it needs to be resolved and not just for Rossi and Hayden but for the future of the sport.

Maybe stupidly I still want to think that they will solve some or all  of the problems throughout this season and get the bike up to a standard where it is not so far off the other factory bikes or even better at the same level.
If and when that happens then I am sure Rossi will decide what his best options are for the following seasons.
Maybe if Rossi and Hayden can improve it enough then it may be a young gun can come along (just like Casey did) and push it that extra bit for a win.
It has been a really bad time for everyone involved with Ducati recently and I like many others want to see then get some rewards for their hard work otherwise as you say they are doomed.

So maybe you are right he won't succeed but he certainly won't be despised for his efforts for one simple reason and that is the fact there has only been one rider able to ride the Ducati to any great success since the introduction of the 800's.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

correct Bulto

However maybe being an Italian with a name of Valentino Rossi might have just involved a little too much extra work which I am sure you know every rider gets fed up with.
He is a racer first and foremost and his main goal is to win races and championships and even although his dream would be to do it on a Ducati he has to pick the most realistic package available at the time and at that time he was happy at Yamaha.

I wont say anymore because the other 2 statements were not mine.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

things look to be impoving

less than a second off!

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Sorry bulto my mistake

I thought the bit where you said 'He's where he is because he had no choice' meant you thought he didn't have a choice...

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Rossi - Future

Rossi has always enjoyed being in the spot light & using the media to his advantage up untill know.So what better way to get back in that spot light than to get back into either Yamaha or Honda.You can imagine the media going mad,ROSSI TO RETURN TO YAMAHA / HONDA,RETURN OF THE KING ETC ETC.This sort of move would be just like the Rossi of old.

Question is would either Honda or Yamaha want him back ! I supose the answer to this lies in wether Lorenzo moves or stays put & how well Rossi can perform for the rest of the year.You will not see Lorenzo & Rossi in the same team ever again,thats for sure.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Zog

Yes, what I was referring to was that once he'd decided not to stay with Yamaha, it was then that he had no choice other than Ducati if he wanted to stay in Motogp.

Lorenzo99

Question is would either Honda or Yamaha want him back ! I supose the answer to this lies in wether Lorenzo moves or stays put & how well Rossi can perform for the rest of the year.You will not see Lorenzo & Rossi in the same team ever again,thats for sure.

I'd hazard a guess that Lorenzo is pretty happy with the Yamaha and his only real hurdle to overcome is Stoner, not the Honda. Apart from his first year, the only Honda to have finished ahead of him in the championship is Stoner last year. It's one rider he has to deal with, not the Honda it seems. With Stoner gone next year, there is no reason to suppose that whoever ends up there will have the beating of Lorenzo on the Yamaha. It looks the best all round package of the two marques so far, given the Tech3 team's performance as opposed to the satellite Hondas. It's only Stoner that has stopped Lorenzo winning the title, not so much Honda. He was comfortably beating the other 3 works bikes last year.

Rossi to Honda or Yamaha? Bridges well burnt but money talks in the corporate world and far outweighs ethics. Never say never. They have a couple of things to weigh up - is he worth the possible 'diruption' he can bring to a team offset against he money he could bring in with him, would there be demands of who could be a team mate? Does he have more to offer in terms of race pace than one of the other younger riders is capabale of on the same equipment?

From what Lorenzo has said, I don't think he would be bothered about having Rossi in the same team. Whether that would be reciprocated I don't know.

But never say never, I guess, in the big money corporate cesspit of ethics.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices