Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will retire at the end of 2012, the Australian saying he’s lost his passion and love for racing at a time when the Repsol Honda rider is arguably at the peak of his career. Disillusioned with constant rule changes, weary of criticism that he was a prolific crasher and rumours that the lactose intolerance issue he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gamma498

Nov 05

gamma498 says:

Jeeesus, he must be suicidal now then coz he never really seemed to have much passion for the sport in the 1st place! An awesome talent but also a guy that puts his bike on ple and then looks like someone who's dog has just been shot when they interview him as he's sat on the grid in pole position.

The sport will miss his skill on a bike but otherwise he will not be a loss, he's done absolutely nothing to promote it or capture anyone's imagination. He's gone about earning his millions like it's a proper job and not something most of us would dream of doing, with a demeanour that's more fitting to someone heading for the factory gates on a Monday morning than travelling the world doing something he loves. I guess at the end of the day he's right to quit, it will give somebody else a chance to live their dream who hopefully will appreciate it and actually enjoy it.

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

well said

Have to agree with gamma498 (hopefully not drawing too much verbal retribution because of it) but Stoner's contribution to the class has hardly been life changing. A great rider he is no argument there but there are other riders out there (they will remain nameless) in MotoGP who have contributed so much more and because of this will have far more of an impact on the class when they eventually hang up their leathers.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Going Out On Top

First things first,Im shocked ! Didnt see that one coming.Me thinks wifey has a big say in this,but hey,he will have made his money & made his mark.Its probably a good descision,retire before you get badly injured or even killed,It happens as weve seen.

He will be going out on top win or lose this year unlike Rossi.Casey has made his mark in the record books as one of the best & who knows how many championships he would have won in the future.We will never know if he could have matched Rossis acheivements had he stayed with Honda.

Big question know is who will replace him at Honda ? Me thinks Honda will be after Jorge as he will obviously dominate with no Casey to rain on his parade.He will be in a very good position at the end of this year with both Honda & Yamaha after him.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Lorenzos Competition !

I may have made a mistake as to Jorge having no real competition if Casey retires.I forgot a certain Marc Marques who may move up from Moto 2.Marc would be on a satellite machine for his first year though.Marc Marques however is an unknown quantity in Moto GP & just because he is brilliant in Moto 2 dosnt automatically mean he will be the same in Moto GP.

I dont think there is really any other rider exept Casey that can measure up tp Jorge Lorenzo at present however in Moto GP.Im not saying I dont rate other riders,just at present Jorge only really has 1 real opponent to beat,Casey.This is just my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Damn

it... Huge loss. Been a fan ever since he came into 125cc. Bloody Fast. The term "4 Alien", can no longer be used. Time to support Arthur Sissis. The next CS I reckon

Reply to this Topic
hobes

Mar 09

hobes says:

CS you will be missed. To retire for the right reasons as the lack of passion for the sport is commendable. Even though his win record will no doubt be better on the rcv I will remember him grabbing the neck of that duke making it do his will "folding" the front into a turn and lighting up the rear before the apex holding the duke up with his elbow at times but at no time giving up for the safe option, in 2009 the look of him getting of the bike pale drenched in sweat obviously sick but still on the podium was the look of a person who gave it his all. His record may never reflect his ability as for to many years he was on the duke that the detractors only now realise was a fast but flawed beast seemingly unrideable to all bar CS. He is a level headed person who grew up in the country his parents gave up everything on the knowledge his ability was exceptional but due to his nationality he had to ride machines perhaps not reflecting his true ability until now a factory rcv. CS I will much miss your master class of riding, riding around a problem during the race and at all times never passing someone in way that could be construed as ungentlemenary. This old Aussie will put up with MD,TB,CE,DK as all time greats. Goodbye in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Dyslexia Lures OK!

Dear boys...

Stoner to Rossi, "clearly your ambition outweighed your talent".

Fans retort (too clever for some?) regarding the Aussie, "Casey, clearly your talent outweighs your ambition".

Again, readers comprehension falls short, but then most are poms and you can mangle the language as you see fit... and do, regularly!

Well, the announcement proved one thing, that is Stoner isn't afraid of the pressure he's put on himself with such an early announcement and the aim to go out on top! Confirms that he isn't shy of the competition, just the clusterfuck run by Caramello and co.

It's confusing that while Stoner clearly rallies for the same cause as 99% of the contributors and fans of the sport (less restrictions, more 'rider' input etc) some still fail to see his frustration for what it is. I guess they're understandably scared of how much further ahead he'd be, and to deny it is just comedy amongst friends. Luckily (and sadly), we still have almost a full season of what has potential to be THE vintage year of motoGP ahead of us.

Ya know, I thought it was that charlatan Flo who would be placing the last nail into the coffin that he ignorantly and unwittingly built under Caramello's perverted guidance but who would have guessed it would be Casey Stoner who would drive it home?

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Sounds like

baby number 2 (even 3) may not be too far away, as why would anyone work so hard and sacrifice so much to go out at when they just reach their peak these days? Some may argue the guy isn't even at his peak yet. Still, a man says and does what he wants, a boy says and does what he's told.

All the best to CS and family.

Will the new arguement between 27ers and 46ers now be "Stoner would have flogged him" for whoever claims the chequered flag for the next 5 years?

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

And turn 3

at PI will never be the same again :)

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

The Marco factor?

I remember watching Stoner view the Marco accident and his face siad it all - must way heavy with the riders as it did with the fans - if you are not enjoying it, it could prove fatal and you have loads of cash what is your motivation? Love of bikes - go buy one for the road, go to some bike nights and race meetings.

Dont blame him, remember Swantz after Rainy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices