Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will retire at the end of 2012, the Australian saying he’s lost his passion and love for racing at a time when the Repsol Honda rider is arguably at the peak of his career. Disillusioned with constant rule changes, weary of criticism that he was a prolific crasher and rumours that the lactose intolerance issue he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2012 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

When its time to go .....

Stoner has just gone way up in my estimation. Not only does he have the balls to tell it how it is, he is man in charge of his own destiny and won't be swayed by the siren song of money or the fatuousness of fame that other top riders past and present seem to court to stroke their fragile egos. 

Records mean nothing to him only to others who need them to quantify their statements, I can just say it - Stoner is one of the greatest riders we have ever seen, feel humbled and honoured that you got to see him live and not in reruns. 

Personally I think the double whammy of fatherhood and Simo's death have made him take a good hard look at what he is doing, he has decided that it is not the game he wants to be in so its time to quit and go fishing. 

The sport is already poorer for the constant rule changes, it has now just got poorer.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

WOW

Look at that thumb print on his head!!

But respect to him he has been awsome to watch (this coming from a rossi fan)

But as someone else has said, his face said it all after the crash that Simoncelli died in, and now with his son to think of best of luck.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Gossip

The Ducati is finally sorted but can't be delivered until late this year. Stoner doesn't want to face Rossi on a ridable Ducati, so is getting out while he can.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

More Gossip

Stoner has realised that Cal is a friggin awesome rider, so doesn't want to be the defending world champ when Cal wins it all.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Gossip 3

Stoner and Rossi are secret mates who have formed their own Dakar team and will ride Bultacos in next years event. Afterwards they will ride around the world and make a TV series about it for the BBC

Reply to this Topic
cot468

May 12

cot468 says:

I think Stoner needs to get his ass to WSBK. That series is much better than Moto GP at the moment, just look at the last two races at Donnington!! I think his competitive spirit would soon return if he was on a Fireblade or BMW.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Gossip 4

The Kentucky moonshine mafia have bought of Stoner so Hayden can get his old Honda job back.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Some pointless comments below. FP1 Stoner shows no signs of slowing down at Le Mans.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Unsurprisingly more bitter whinging

from the little snivellers sat on the couch. Graceless, tasteless fuckwits like Supermario and Leemuz who've been conspicuously quiet for some time, but poke their head up for a whine now.

A bombshell announcement, but when you considered the reasons Stoner's given - completely understandable. The bottom line of which is he wants to race bloody difficult, rip snorting, fire breathing prototypes, taking them to within an inch of their lives. Not some souped up road bike, or dumbed down version of what he's been on in previous years.

How many riders like going backwards in terms of the quality of their machinery? Did the CE11 want to down grade to a CRT? Hell no? Did Toni Elias want to return to Moto2 - not on your nelly. When the unleaded fuel hit the 500's Doohan asked for his screamer engine back, so he could get a proper adrenaline fix.

Stoner has been an absolute star since he first joined the circus. I remeber his wild rides first up on the 250, the way he contorted that Desmosedici against it's will, and those 230kmph 5th gear P.I drifts. This man has skills all the others can only dream of. Let's revel in the dozen or so remaining GP's we have with him on the grid.

I shall be there cheering, applauding and celebrating Stoner loudly on the warm down lap at Silverstone, and if any moron squeaks some bullshit like 'Moaner Stoner' he will get a mighty big fucking serve from me.

That last little quotation in the article gives the hint of possible comeback if conditions are right. We can only hope.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

World SBK

is the new series to be in thats for sure. How can you expect riders to ride around on CRT BIKES WITH LESS GO than BIAGGI, s WSB. Don,t make since to me. Hats off to Casey for acting on his feeling,s about the way it is. Maybe Carmelo might see that no one will stay if the rules keep changing, not even the big factory,s can maintain the expence of the constant changes. Would we be in a different place if they continued with V5 990,s , prob not , but they would of saved a truck load of money, which I thought was the objective. Any way , this may be the catalist for Ducati to pull out ( " we don,t have to race" ) and so it may all fall in a heap. It still may all fall in a heap anyway if the EURO falls over  and half the teams have no sponsorship money to carry on. Can ,t wait to see Casey tearing it up in V8 supercar. (thats our touring cars, )  Next move------ Vale to SBK to duke it out with old mate Max.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle