Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will retire at the end of 2012, the Australian saying he’s lost his passion and love for racing at a time when the Repsol Honda rider is arguably at the peak of his career. Disillusioned with constant rule changes, weary of criticism that he was a prolific crasher and rumours that the lactose intolerance issue he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Stoner and CRT ruling

Good luck to Stoner and it's commendable he had the strength to stand up and say 'I don't like the way things are going and I'm going to vote with my feet'. MotoGP has lost a lot of excitement in the last 10 years and constant rule changes haven't helped. We now have some of the smallest grids ever for a premier race series and somewhat lack lustre racing as the norm. I'm only catching the occassional MGP race now and find it's easy to doze off during some of them cos they're far from exciting

It does appear that many people get off on criticising Stoner because of the sound of his voice, the way he says things or because he's not that persons flavour of the moment. That says loads about that individual and not all of it is complimentary.

The CRT ruling plays entirely in to the hands of the factory teams so they can keep their dominance. If the factory team thinks a CRT team is becoming competitive they simply take the CRT teams engines for less than cost price. This means it's not worth CRT teams really developing the bike whilst the factory teams can spend almost what they want. I can't see how that could ever lead to better racing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fitzy2009

Jan 11

fitzy2009 says:

Stoners the only gp rider worth watching he doing things with the bike that a man in pedrosa can only dream of. Why do people hate stoner because he is interested in winning races and not being the pr machine that rossi is. I am a rossi fan but he could not stay up the top forever. Stoner is the rossi of now the best of the best. I cannot stand the pr bollocks that moto gp is about i want to see great racing that is all, and stoner is a great racer.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Well, well, well

Who'd have thought that Casey Stoner would save Valentino Rossi's bacon? Not me that's for sure. YRT absolutely have to resign Jorge Lorenzo as he's sure to be the number target to replace Stoner. Once that's decided who will fill the vacant HRC/YRT seat? I see a bidding war for Lorenzo's signature but feel he'll probably stay where he is. Rossi back to HRC will probably be loaded with HRC favouring conditions but now seems a possibility again. Maybe HRC will outbid YRT for Lorenzo and Rossi will return to Yamaha. JB is a pivotal point if he retires but if HRC is a possibility for Rossi he might inherit Cristian Gabbarini from Stoner. All very interesting stuff and it throws a lifeline to Rossi that wasn't there on wednesday. P.S Wosi, I note on MM that Aquarius's post got 5 stars and your post straight after got 1 (presumably you voted for yourself) and the post after highlighting what a twat you are got 3. Have you got the message yet? Nobody likes you you brainless fuckwit.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

LONG LIVE WSBK!

I used to love this class. But with the way it is Stoner is right to leave. There is no competition here. Its SNORE O GP. Ive seen toy trains with more excitement round and round they go. CRT is a disaster. If you are going to ride an aprilia go to wsbk and put that sponsership money in a production bike instead of creating a class within a class.. slow bikes. Anyway congradulations to Stoner and his retirement I guess we will watch Lorenzo lead the train around the tracks now.

Reply to this Topic
OrangeSpoon

Apr 07

OrangeSpoon says:

a major loss to racing

true race fans will miss Stoner

i was at Donnington '08 and the fans reaction to Stoner was pathetic

the infantile majority will continue with their playground comments

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well jamie

I can assure you there are just as many that dont like aquarius's rantings either and the way he looks down his nose at people as do some others on here.
 To call someone a BF is really a bit pathetic and 2 bum up aquarius every time is even more pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

rumour has it

that the reason milkybars is so bitter is because he failed his CBT 4 times (one more that supermario). Keep trying little ones, the sooner you get out amongst the traffic the better.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

The loss of Stoner,love or loath him,is a giant blow to an already failing championship.I knew this would happen once the strokers were replaced by the diesels as the sheer cost of trying to maintain a top level effort is beyond almost any teams budgets,theres also the enormous gulf between the factory bikes & the others,now add the CRT bikes into the equasion & you can see why the sport is dead on it's wheels.Things have got to change & rapidly or it'll end up like in the '60's when the factorys pulled out & left just Ago & his MV to rule the roost.Going down the Moto 2 route would seem to be the only way,unlimited engine tuning of production engines,any chasis available & the end of all rider aids should provide close racing & inject some much needed excitement & unpredictability to to sport.As for Stoners replacement,he's waiting there already,Marc Marquez will get that ride,i know theres rules on rookies,but the series is run by Spanish TV,Spanish sponsorship & on 3 circuits in their country,what they say will go,so expect a Spanish 123 at every GP unless Cal gets a miracle granted him & Yamaha sack Spies & give him his bike.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I agree

I agree when Stoner says this is not the championship he always wanted to race in. MotoGP is meant to be an open class with each factory bringing their best machines and riders to race. If it doesn't work out this year then try harder, tweak what you have, come up with new solutions to raise the bar. If I wanted to see MotoGP turn into a class where all bikes are equalized I'd save my time and money and go to the carnival and watch the little motorcycles go round and round on the rides. I want to see new ideas and new thought. Originality. I'm not wanting to only crown a specific rider king. I want machinery! If that can't exist because it's too expensive then it can't exist. But don't call it MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

So he has lost his passion for MotoGP... probably much like the people who watch it then!  Perhaps in this day and economic age the era of the F1 MotoGP Blue Riband classes are over.  I usually record MotoGP and then I can fast fwd it in case its dull.   Says it all really.  How can 200bhp+ motorbikes be dull?

Certainly I cant imagine paying the 65 pounds they demand to watch it live in the UK.  Save your money and go see a BSB round instead.  Thats proper bike racing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices