Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will retire at the end of 2012, the Australian saying he’s lost his passion and love for racing at a time when the Repsol Honda rider is arguably at the peak of his career. Disillusioned with constant rule changes, weary of criticism that he was a prolific crasher and rumours that the lactose intolerance issue he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 May 2012 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

So could you

explain what strengths the ART bike has over the honda?

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Lickers

Stoner also said that the Yamaha had advantages in some areas over the Honda and that the Honda was better in other areas compared to the Yamaha. No bike is perfect and each has bike has its own perks. As Benny said if they didn't they would all be the same.

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Ha ha ha

did any of those straws slip through your fingers?

It's not really a bike advantage though as they can only use 1 engine at a time. 

Now if an ART could use12 engines all at once that could be considered an advantage, although I think there would be some wheelie issues to sort out.

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Indeed he did Chris

Wasn't that about last years bike? May have missed an interview though. 

Either way the Honda is the best bike and that is the only reason why Stoner has won anything, you wouldn't ever see him win a Ducati now would you??

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Deffo this seasons bike

I'm sure he said it at the the last round, but don't hold me to that. I know i have seen him say it recently. He was just saying that he wished he could have some of the attributes of the Yamaha and im sure Jorge wish he could have some from the Honda. I'm sure all the guys out there wish they could pick different performance characteristics from all of the bikes, one of the main ones being Rossi! But unfortunately they can't have it that way.

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Thats a tad harsh

Was just raising the question.  Questions normally lead to debate/discussion but you seem to be looking for something else.

*Edit* I would imagine a tired HRC/Yam engine is better than an ART/CRT engine. Until the engine goes bang it is still going to give more than a tuned proddy engine. Of course the don't run them to the point of going bang.

Try and keep it civil.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Benny

At what point have I slagged off Stoner? As I said I just raised the question based on an televised interview with Stoner.

On what grounds would you disagree? What evidence do you have?

Stoner is the best in the world right now, never questioned that. Think you need to calm down. Milk, biscuit and bed for you.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

CRT situation.

The CRT claiming rules allow factory teams to purchase the engines of any competitive CRT teams for 20,000 euros (engine and gearbox) or 15,000 euros (engine without transmission).

CRT teams have more allowance for engine because they will test engines on the track rather than in hermatically sealed test facilities at the factory (engine availability for the factory teams do not include endurance and reliability engines used in development back in the factory which won't be fitted in the chassis).

CRT engines can use slightly more fuel but as soon as one of the CRT teams gets competitive the factory teams can buy the engine for the values stated above. This means it is not worth CRT teams developing competitive engines because the factories will just take their engines for far less than development costs.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

With a record such as his

He will soon be forgotten. Only those living will know of him.....his record when looked upon does not shine bright.

Class Win Plcd WCh Season
125cc 0 29th . 2001
250cc 0 12th . 2002
125cc 1 8th . 2003
125cc 1 5th . 2004
250cc 5 2nd . 2005
MotoGP 0 8th . 2006
MotoGP 10 1st 1 2007
MotoGP 6 2nd . 2008
MotoGP 4 4th . 2009
MotoGP 3 4th . 2010
MotoGP 10 1st 1 2011

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

milkybars

with a record such as this,is some what better than yours no doubt...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle