Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will retire at the end of 2012, the Australian saying he’s lost his passion and love for racing at a time when the Repsol Honda rider is arguably at the peak of his career. Disillusioned with constant rule changes, weary of criticism that he was a prolific crasher and rumours that the lactose intolerance issue he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Looking back at Stoner's Ducati years that just puts Rossi to shame.

Reply to this Topic
mad73

Dec 07

mad73 says:

good rider but glad he going (moaning twat) and he could never put rossi to shame just coz rossi cant ride the duke , its a piece of shi* no one can ride it , put stoner on a 500 and see wot he can do prob crash on the first lap

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

OH OH

CUE:-  The wrath of the orange thong brigade.....lol.....

But i guess the truth hurts

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Leemuz

Prick

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Yep no point been there if his heart’s not in it anymore. Nowt wrong with that. Sure you can say when you look at the stats that his record won’t go down in history as the greatest, but they only tell part of the story. For a while he has been awesome and if he’d not been on the Duke he would no doubt had more World championship titles. But hey, if he’s lucky enough to be able to retire happily at 26 then fair play to him.
So will Vale go to Repsol? Well never say never.
Look at what’s happening with the sport, it is desperately lacking in big names and characters. Also look at it from a Honda perspective; Rossi was with them in the premier class for 4 season and won 3 titles and came runner up he won 33 out of 64 races and had 54 podiums.
Pedrosa has had 7 seasons with Honda in the premier class and has had 15 wins and 59 podiums in 101 races and no world championship.
Stats don’t prove everything but they certainly prove some things. Honda would be crazy not to try and get the best bike racer of his generation to race for them. If I were Rossi I’d be asking for the ride! He can get back to the front and winning and entertaining the crowds and get the audience figures up.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

In your opinion Jamie

how much of a hissy fit throwing girly loser would you say casey is?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I was thinking

more like a scale of 1 to 10 jamie.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Casey...

can go back to fishing up Wollongoora Creek, but he'll probably complain about that too.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

motogp

well hats of to you casey , been there done that 2 times maybe 3 , as for motogp its changing for the worse CRT bikes , well if there not careful moto 2 will be quicker ,there saying got slow wsb down , there have to slow moto 2 down as well to keep motogp at the top be never ending , by the way wat cracking racing at Donington park last weekend , i was there and not seen such good racing for a long time , the top 5 over taking wow , keep it wsb lads ,

Reply to this Topic
Black955tiger

Jul 08

So that leaves Lorenzo as a shoe-in for 2013 MotoGP champion. Will Rossi eat humble pie and beg Honda to have him back? Will Honda eat humble pie and take Dovi back? The musical chairs will be more interesting than the racing this year. And as for all the Stoner hate earlier in this "discussion".....grow up. He might not have to overall best record but he did win the most races in the 800cc era and he did win a championship and continue to win races on the Ducati which no-one else could do then or since. And he beat Pedrosa and Dovi on the same machinery in his first season on the works Honda. So, respect is due IMO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices