Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: “I've lost the passion for MotoGP”

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner will retire at the end of 2012, the Australian saying he’s lost his passion and love for racing at a time when the Repsol Honda rider is arguably at the peak of his career. Disillusioned with constant rule changes, weary of criticism that he was a prolific crasher and rumours that the lactose intolerance issue he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 May 2012 20:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi's bottom lip

we do not see VR flicking his bottom lip and packing up his bat n ball and going home...

Him or me at Yamaha, bluff called, out the door with bat and ball.

Barbera was too rough, I felt like quitting the race and pulling in.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

i'm going

retire too. this is bullshit. rider that should retire, not. but stoner he announce his retire this soon. crap. if lorenzo not in motogp, i'm sure rossi would get another WC. CAUSE NOBODY COMPETITIF ENOUGH TO BEAT HIM!

2 more years??? whose gonna getting lie next by him? suzuki? BMW? nuts!

MOTOGP GETTING BORIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCKS!

Reply to this Topic
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

Stoner going and Rossi remains

No matter how many times Stoner is ungracious in defeat and much the same in victory, no matter how many times he jams out with mystery complaint and whining self importance there are those who go off on how fast he is and woulda coulda while harping on Rossi for what he shoulda. Of course it also goes that no matter how brilliant Rossi rides or how cheerful and embracing he is in defeat or victory (think of his hugging Elias at Estoril when it was Elias who cost a championship worth of points), no matter what he attempts there a bunch of short sighted folks who project on to Rossi their small minded motivations about his desperation to go to Honda or beg for this and that. Where is this Rossi? Just in these impoverished imaginations.The man we have seen for years is clearly working on his own agenda, his own vision, dedication to the spectacle, heroism, passion and sense of sport. That is why is is the greatest, the performance and the personality. I am willing to take Stoner the great talent at his word; he does not have the heart for it; he taken lots of adulation and given little inspiration other than winning and probably for some that is enough. But for whatever reason he is leaving the ring downcast and the words of Roberto Duran seem to come to mind, No Mas and as an inspirational sports figure let him go..No mas no mas.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Technological Luddite.

Pastyhughie, second button down from the top, right hand side of your remote...

Turn off the 'YellowView' option on your tv when watching motoGP, it's clearly fucking with your perception of what motorcycle racing is about. Cheers mate!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

hasty hughie

Nice to see someone has a decent understanding of what is going on with motorcycle racing.Well said.

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Fair play

Best of luck i say. A hugely talented rider. Look at the money and technology thrown at Ducati, still not doing any good. VR has a huge talent also, but he cant ride the duke. Why do i get the impression Stoner could leap back on it and qualify at the front of the grid !!!! The motogp class IS way to over regulated.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Action

More drama off the track than on it, with makes quiting now riders if they lose repsol as a sponsor the series is dead - If you watch WSBK last round - thats how the series should be run CRT will never work while they are slower than SBKs - total shite from Dorna, hope all the riders quit and go to supers next year / come on guys vote with your feet!

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

hastyhughie

Thats gotta be one of the biggest loads of shite I've ever heard. Forget just motorcycle racing, professional sport, ANY professional sport, is about one thing.....winning.. When it's all said and done, no one who matters (agents, sponsors, support crew etc) give a toss about personality. If i follow guys running around shaking cameras and making stupid faces ill stick a Reeves and Mortimer DVD on. Stoner is one of the few who doesn't treat viewers like 4 year olds, he rides fast, wins races and gets the job done. It's racing not a popularity contest. If u can't see that youve totally missed why he's giving it up....HE DOESN'T GIVE A TOSS WHAT ANYONE THINKS, he'll do it his way, like he's always done.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Can,t Beleive

The constant crap on this sight , You all slag of STONER, and  none of you even know him, most of the experts here have never won at national , I mean club  level, and so it goes on. I know its not right to TAR EVERYONE with the same Brush , but some of you will do fantasticly in july at the olympics if there ,s a whinging medal up for graps. Seams to be the same protaginists on every tread. Bunch of Tossers comes to mind.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I'm with Mick Doohan, it's just caseys biggest moan yet.(me me me I'll die and then you'll be sorry etc etc) His marketing dept have spectacular miscalculated, when he does his uturn the reaction won't be the one they hoped for.Though someone will miss out when he changes his mind.. I hope he stays as Jorge and dani aren't good enough. Casey needs to stay and put Rossi on a good bike then it'll be worth watching again and not recording for a later date. Leaving now just when the sport is really struggling is a twats trick nothing more and born of him worrying he ain't gonna have it all his own way with the changes they are planning, after all it's still gonna be the pinnacle even if they have to dumb down WSBK( the 800s were hardly fantastic and he stayed then).. The honda is too good at the mo and Jorge ain't no Valentino Rossi as the stoner fans preached for so long, makes you wonder if they got anything right..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices