Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner on top after FP2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner on top after FP2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Stoner on top after FP2

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has ended the first day at Le Mans at the top of the timesheets. The Aussie - who yesterday announced he is to retire at the end of the season - posted a best time of 1.33'740 to beat his team-mate Dani Pedrosa. Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo set the third fastest time. Brit Cal Crutchlow was seventh behind...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 May 2012 15:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Alvaro & Marques

Yes,Alvaro & Marc Marques would make an exiting Repsol duo.Lets hope Honda make it happen.As for Dani,I  have nothing against him & think he is an exellent rider but he just hasnt got that little bit extra needed to challenge for the championship.

Dani is almost but not quite,nice try but no cigar.I think he has had plenty of opertunities & for what ever the reason or bad luck has been unable to win a championship.I dont know if Alvaro or Marques can do any better but I think that maybe Honda should give them the oppertunity to try.

P.S. Even though I support Lorenzo I would not be unhappy to see Dani win this year,& if he did I would be very happy for him.I dont think it will ever happen though sadly.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Set Up Genius

A bit of a harsh post there Nostro,( LOL )  but I see youre point.I think the problem is that all the Rossi fans have bigged him up to be some sort of super hero.Rossi is suposed to be the master of development & set up along with his side kick Robin,oh,sorry I mean Jerry Burges.They were going to sort it all out over the winter ( last year ) & come out on track & thrash every body.The Ducati Dream team I think they called it at the time.

It just hasnt happened,not even slightly.The Bat mobile,Opps,Ducati is still brocken so to speak.The Ducati has been a career killer for many riders & it would seem that Rossis career is no exeption.Both Rossi & Ducati need to sort things out real quick.

P.S. I really hope that Bat Man,shit,sorry,I mean Rossi can turn things around very quickly because I do miss seeing him battling at the front like he used to do a few years ago.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Set up genius

The set up genius of the paddock is Stoner and team. The evidence is there for all to see, but for me, the most compelling is that Stoner et al. were the only ones capable of setting up the carbon fibre frameless Ducati to be fast ( along with multiple wins and podiums). Even Rossi and co. couldn't figure that one out. I think he's leaving because he is bored... he easily dominates the rest of the field and there is no challenge left in for him in MotoGP. That, and he is sick of the petty cunts he has to come into contact with on a regular basis who feel entitled to sit in judgement of him and his sucesses.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Where's my chatter!

Couldn't believe Casey's comments at the end of the day that they had spent most of the session trying to create chatter so that they could work out how to fix it.  Insane!

But there's certainly no lack of gormless chatter on this forum, for which (alas) there is no cure.

Losing Marco last year was an unavoidable tragedy, but losing Casey this year is more galling because it is down to the sport and its so-called fans.  When the #1 rider quits due to disillusionment there is something very wrong in the state of Dorna.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Lorenzo99

Motivation

Excellent post.

It's going to interesting to see who gets the Honda ride next year. It's suddenly a big year for Bautista. He's definatly a talented rider but will Honda take a chance on him. I think he may well get a one year deal at Repsol to make way for Marquezs rookie year at Gresini before Marquez replaces Pedrosa the year after. But if they go the proven race winner route then the only option is Lorenzo. Would they be able to get him away from Yamaha?

Apart from those two who else would they go for. If you look at the other riders and the level of machinery they are on then the only rider performing above expectations is Crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

What is true Honda have been interested in signing Lorenzo in the past.

Reply to this Topic
fatbloke63

Apr 12

fatbloke63 says:

Rossi MOTO 2

Rossi should go down to MOTO 2.  If enough riders crash he might get on the podium !!

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

He is leaving because......

.....of that thumb print on his head!!! nothing else.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Rossi - Moto 2 = NO

Rossi should go to Moto 2 ! No way,not in a million years would Rossi even entertain the idea of going to Moto 2.For Rossi I think its Moto GP or nothing,he would see going to Moto 2 as stepping down & admiting defeat which he just isnt going to do.For the same reasons I think he will not go to WSB.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Question ?

bloodbubble - Nice post,interesting point about not having 2 spaniards in the same team.I think you could be right.Question is who would Honda go for ? The obvious is Lorenzo which if you are right would mean moving Dani,presuming Lorenzo would leave Yamaha.

If they went with Lorenzo who would be his team mate ?

If they decided to stay with Dani ! Who would be his team mate ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices