Skip to content

Ask an Expert Bike Options ? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Bike Options ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

badcompanybiker

Mar 12

Bike Options ?

Hi ,

I passed my mod 2 yesterday and I am looking for a bike , something like a CB500 or GS500 , it needs to be light and preferably naked.
Has anyone got any ideas as to such bikes that are reliable and of a reasonable price , also id ratherit not be sports due to theft problems.
Thanks in advance.

-Badcompanybiker

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 May 2012 18:09)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

bandit

suzuki gsf 600 n bandit.

nice bike for the price. how big is your budget?

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

got it

thanx for the feedback ive decided to go between a CB500 and GSF and get a GS500 lol '99 reg 2 year warranty and fully serviced pretty good deal me thinks....

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

#Warranty

you get a 2 year warranty legally with pretty much every purchase - make sure they aren't getting you to pay for anything for it.

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

indeed

indeed I have , was well chuffed to be honest , not sure why I haven't bought from dealers in the past , didn't cost a penny more than private full inspection and free delivery , cant say fairer than that ... is it a requirement on every motorcycle from dealers then ? thanx for the heads up anyway !

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

warranty

I don't think a 2 year warranty is standard on secondhand machinery. certainly not the manufacturer's all-singing and dancing version anyway.... It is normally an aftermarket warranty (a form of insurtance contract with exclusions) so read the small print carefully, and inspect the bike closely too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Agree

With Dabbsy, also, whilst not wishing to pour water on your fire but..

Having used both GS' & CB's at the scool I work at I can assure you the CB500 is a Way superior bike in every sense.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Warranty contd.

If you pay bottom dollar for it then you'd have a hard time arguing any warranty case but if you buy from a dealer then they have to abide by the 1979 consumer rights act. if you buy something substantial e.g. laptop, phone, car , bike etc then by law it must last for 2 years before developing any major poblems. you can keep some items for up to one year before discovering a problem that could be defined as a breach of contract. depends on the problem.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices