Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati factory unscathed after earthquake General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ducati factory unscathed after earthquake

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati factory unscathed after earthquake

The Ducati factory in Bologna, Italy has not been effected  by the earthquake which hit nortern Italy last night. A 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck in the middle of the night, 22 miles north of Bologna killing atleast four people. Keep checking back for more details.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 May 2012 12:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hwystr

Nov 10

Hwystr says:

What?

That was a stretch! On hearing about the earthquake the condition of the Ducati factory just didn't jump into my head.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I agree..

OMG! How're the Guzzi and Ferrari factories doing?

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Well this is motorcycle news, not the Sun on Sunday lol

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

good to hear it

glad to hear no1 was hurt or bikes damaged, they cant waste anymore money now can they, spent enough building rossi's brilliant in the rain race bike haha!! da dum chaaaaaaaa!!!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Ow

Wow people die, and you see it as an opportunity to have a dig and another go at creating some anti-Rossi forum posts. Low man, just low.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Four dead, but at least the factory came out unscathed.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Italian earthquake

Ducati, Ferrari and Lamborghini all have factories close to Bologna. Guzzi's factory is quite a bit further north. Italy is one country that has more than its fair share of earthquakes.

What might suprise people is that the fire service in italy is not state run but funded entirely by charity donations. Unfortunately many of the buildings there aren't really up to withstanding multiple tremors. There was a minor earthquake when I was in italy and it produced a reasonable crack through some of the walls in the house I was living in (I'd hate to think what that house could look like now as it's only around 45 miles from bologna).

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Fear

The earthquake was too afraid of Ferdinand Piëch to damage the factory.

Reply to this Topic
JonWilmer

Jun 04

JonWilmer says:

English, motherf....r, do you speak it?

Come on guys. Schoolboy error... Did you really mean the Ducati factory wasn't produced by the earthquake? Affected: influenced in a harmful way Effected: something that is produced by an agency or cause

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices