You are in... Forums > General > General > BMF Rally 2012

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

johnjoe69

May 12

johnjoe69 says:

BMF Rally 2012

What a dissapointment the rally was this year.

Poor stalls, poor entertainment, pooor shows and over zelous security!

The manufactor's village was spartan, out of the way and the entrance, looked like the entrance to Dale Farm!

The autojumble, consisted of one man and his van, and though there was the odd bargain here and there, the quality of most of the goods in the stalls was very poor.

i've seen this once great event slowly die, over the last 20 years, getting smaller and smaller, yet the entrance fee getting higher and higher.

It used to be a great weekend away with my mates, and this year took two of my sons along for the first time. Next year we will spend our wedge somewhere else, somewhere where there is active encouragement for the younger ones to get involved.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 May 2012 13:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

think it's about

time the BMF give up on this seasonal turkey!!  :mellow:..back in the 80's it was a fantastic event, but now, by the comments on here over the last few years, it is dying a slow death.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

BMF Rally

I'm not sure of it's still the same but the May rally used to be their biggest source of income and they would have struggled without it. That may be why they would be reluctant to give it up.  I remember the rally at its best and had some great times there - it usually falls on my birthday weekend.    

I let my membership of the BMF lapse some time ago when they lost their way and joined MAG instead. 

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

BMF rally

Every year i go to the rally, and every year i vow " NEVER AGAIN ". Well this year i stuck to my guns and stayed away. Talking to my mates who did attend this weekend, i made the right choice !! :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Rredrider251

Jan 09

Rredrider251 says:

BMF Rally still has life in it

The BMF rally is different things to different people. Perhaps the one day event of yester year concentrated the crowds to make it a bigger and better event. Going up on Saturday this year after last going 3 years ago I was amazed that I did not catch up or be passed by another motorcycle from Tempsford to Peterborough on the A1. OK it was 8.30 and the weather was cool and overcast but still where were the bikes? Maybe more concentrate on the Sunday still.
Did I enjoy myself? Yes! I go for the test rides. I managed to pack in very enjoyable jaunts through the countryside on Ducati Street Fighter (very nice), MultiStrada (what am I), Monster 900 (SF is better), Yamaha T Max (a scooter with guts that handles), Husky Nuda (brill), Kawasaki Versys (OK).
As ever when the weather is not favourable the ground is muddy and cold weather is never good for a great time. There was a whole village of club stands that I could only give a quick look at. My purchases were limited to a book and 2 DVDs for £10 from Nick Sanders in person (traveller) including autograph and quick chat. Other than that a couple of coffees and a bacon roll at sensible prices. Yes the show ground map could have been more informative and that I could have seen some of the main arena attractions but all in all, there is still room in the calendar for the event whilst it remains a fund generator, and should numbers decline it can revert back to 2 day camp and 1 day show.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices