Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead

2010 MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo has won the wet race at Le Mans by 9.9 seconds and taken the lead in the championship by eight points. Lorenzo got an excellent start to lead from flag to flag, consistently lapping faster than any of the riders behind him. Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took second place off the line, though he was unable to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 May 2012 14:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

What a race...

Well done to JL... true domination... great ride from Rossi for a thoroughly deserved 2nd place... & good work from Stoner maintaining his podium record... in fact great rides by all those who managed to stay upright. Too bad for Cal & Dovi but at least they managed to bring their bikes home for some useful points.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Thoroughly enjoyed this race. Was chuffed to bits for Rossi but equally gutted for Calvin.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Yeah, great rides from the top 3. The tyres on the Honda looked absolutely knackered in Parc Ferme. Lorenzo's Yamaha? looked ready to do another 30 odd laps. No surprise with the slides Stoner was getting. Notice how he had to stand the bike right up before getting on the power. Are we still going to hear that the Honda is the best bike? if so, please tell me why. 19 succesive podiums, 21 without the takeout... wow.

Not surprised Rossi is on the podium, you can't expect any less from a bike which is well known for going well in wet conditions. JB had some wise words though 'We're not kidding ourselves'.. he knows if you can't do the business in the dry it doesn't mean a whole lot. Anyway this performance will no doubt secure his legacy as the greatest of all time. haha.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Good race by JL well done to Rossi for 2nd place but the biggest disappointment has to be Spies what is the excuse gonna be this time I don't like Le Mans I am glad it is out of the way for FFS pull your finger out before Yamaha pulls the trigger on you what is your problem. Also well done to CS the top two are untouchable at best by that I mean the riders who finished 1st and 3rd.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Agree with all the comments below but also a special mention for James Ellison who managed to put his bike in the fourth parking space in parc ferme. Nice one 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Great race, all the action around Rossi, motogp has never needed him on a competitive bike more, and of course Stoner to stay.. Don't confuse not as bad in the wet with good in the wet, Nicky was still 30 seconds back. FInal nail in presiozis coffin for me, if the bike worked Rossi would be competitive. I hope they sack the fucker. Has blown more money and careers than anyone has a right to in what should be a wonderful sport but for his designs(only 3 manufacturers) There is a strong argument that suzuki or kawasaki would do a lot more than presiozi ever could with the money Marlboro waste on him.. Fuck him off Ducati before it's too late!!.. Ducati need to explain to the fans and the sport and marlboro why they have continued to allow presiozi overall control.. Stoner and Rossi could have been in the hunt for every title of the last 5 years instead, Ducati have had both riders(a luxury) and have won once and never looked like doing it again, I dare say yam and honda would have won every title if they'd had both Rossi and stoner.... Fantastic ride by James Ellison and feel for Cal and Dovi but both believed the hype and raced Rossi not the conditions as a smart rider does.. Normal service will return when the sun comes out.unfortunately and back to the procession.. Thanks Presiozi! That is what the sport should be like.. I suspect Dorna will be throwing money around after that.. Great ride by Jorge.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

raindance maggi.

3 great races spells great weekend. congrats to jlo and yamaha , that bike was made for this race. was realy a pleasure to watch stoner and rossi do battle again , rossi rode a great race . congrats to stoner for extending the podium streak , tires looked real bad compared to the still polished yams. also congrats to ellison for a great wet ride and letting birdy know he is a dickhead with bad judgments. sorry for depunet , what a shit unlucky start. spies had a pit stop for some reason not sure what it could be with jlo's bike so perfect. i am a happy man.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Great

Great races in all classes, well not great for the riders im sure but great to watch. Moto GP today was exciting to watch all the way through with the Tech 3 boys dicing and Rossi in the mix. Amazing how Jorge just blasted away from the start and put in such a huge gap and just kept it !!! Second place for VR was well earned today, looked like the Rossi of the past who could wield the bike how he wanted, control it well, and use his strength on the brakes to make up the difference. If only they could convert that in to dry performance, hopefully it will lift everyones spirits there to carry some momentum nearer the front for the next races too. Casey looked like he was really working for it today, but clearly the tyres were just beyond it at the end even for someone with his dirtrack skills. It was also nice to see humility from all the top riders about each others performances after the race, Im sure they all recognise each others immense skills to be able to do what they do in those conditions. Lets hope it carries over to the comments here. Ben, oh Ben oh Ben, what is happening :( I am sticking with you on my fantasy league team as you definitely should and will be higher than this, so strange !!

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Lacey Stacey reduced to a CRT level

rider without all his aids and showed he is not worth shit in the wet. Please go soon as we know that you need all the  fancy toys to be a winner. Hurry up and spit your dummy and take your nice toys and go home, right quick.

Those who said that Rossi have lost it are now standing with smashed eggs on their faces. Give the man a dam good bike or at least a little competitive and watch him go.

Valentino phones must be ringing off the hook from Honda right about now to get him to ride for them next year. He is the only man out there that can take it to any of the riders that will be there in 2013. This podium of 2nd, starting on the 3rd row is what Rossi and only Rossi does.

Hurry up Honda and sack Stoenzo. Yamaha must be considering calling Rossi, just as an insurance to keep the best from the competition. Sorry Ben, but you need to perform like a Factory rider and not a satellite rider anymore.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TheArtist

Jan 12

TheArtist says:

'Lacey Stacey reduced to a CRT level'

He just got 19 podiums straight you fuckin' retard.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices