Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead

2010 MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo has won the wet race at Le Mans by 9.9 seconds and taken the lead in the championship by eight points. Lorenzo got an excellent start to lead from flag to flag, consistently lapping faster than any of the riders behind him. Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took second place off the line, though he was unable to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 May 2012 14:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Benny...

Havn't seen the stylish crash and remount yet thanks.... but the bigger picture is this lot doesn't need that much winding up and if you do it next round I think we AD fans will have to consider "remounting" your head............. From your shoulders to Dovi's entrance hall. LOL

Don't be too mean to Elbowz about "Elbowz" either. He very gracioulsly manned up and got back on the Spies wagon after his cowardly defection to the Stoner ranks pre season. Gutted for him. Mind you he has taken to abusing and threatening the SBK wonder boy. Must not of been as hard to beat Mladin 3 times as everybody thought? Ha ha ha.

The only SBK kid doing anything is Hayden (I don't really count Crutchlow as he was really mainly a 600 man) though it is nice to see SBK wonders Vermuelen and Spies found eachother for a chat.

Pin pulled......... wait for the BANG!

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Pre race chat

On Italia1 was of Cal to Ducati next year, post race was of course Rossi. Cal on the Duke, now that could be fun.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

I think Spies has lost his confidence after those crashes in the season opener chatter his bike running like a lose cannon after destroying it Jerez front end described it as a pathetic race then Estroil four or five mistakes his quotes then Le Mans my visor had a lot of water in it 16th everyone else rode in the same conditions you're in a top team results like 11th, 11th, 8th and 16th aren't acceptable and you know it. As for that Yamaha works ride there could be more names in it come on Spies get your head out of your ass and start performing know you're bogey tracks Estroil and Le Mans are out of the way.

As for his next destination could be a works Ducati ride depending if Hayden or Rossi decide to move on IMHO.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Interesting to see how Rossi was more confident of his front end than most. The way he was passing going in deep and hard (oooerr, obviously) suggests he was totally confident in his front grip. And the fact that others crashed through losing the front when following him would seem to confirm it. So has he got the front end grip sorted, or is it that he's so used to having no feel from the front that he felt right at home in the wet? More likely the latter. Although the difference between him and the other Ducatis makes it more of a puzzle. Certainly Rossi had a lot more confidence in the Ducati's grip than Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
hafidk

Apr 07

hafidk says:

Rossi to Honda in 2012?

After the last dull MotoGP race it was nice to see Rossi battle for the podium in France. He needs a decent bike next year. The genius at work http://youtu.be/kSxHufPhw18

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

Experience!

Rossi really showed how much Experience of riding in the wet he has! He looked to me the only rider other than Lorenzo Who stayed off the Drying race line to save his Tyers and it paid off!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

In my opinion Yamaha have well and truly established themselves as the bike to beat this year. I think once Honda get the chatter sorted, and get a decent setup in the wet, then they will be on par.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Hard work and determination losing their top techs to Honda Yamaha have come out fighting with a very good 1000cc bike their is only one bike who will give them a run for their money and that is Honda and Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

good result

Well done lorenzo master class in riding. well done rossie the worst prototype bike on the grid beating the best prototype bike. it shows with the right bike in the dry rossie is still class. unlucky for crutlow and dovvi they pushed just that little bit to hard. i dont think stoner pushed hard enough but their again if your retiring your mind might not be fully on the game?

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny

cal was just having some fun with dovi today.....thats all !!....( untill Cal he crashed...oops!! ) .

good racing from all championships .

big shout to Reading - motogp next year?.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices