Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Lorenzo takes victory and championship lead

2010 MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo has won the wet race at Le Mans by 9.9 seconds and taken the lead in the championship by eight points. Lorenzo got an excellent start to lead from flag to flag, consistently lapping faster than any of the riders behind him. Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took second place off the line, though he was unable to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 May 2012 14:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Spies to Ducati from Yamaha he needs a tough ride in order to get some confidence back I think it is likely to happen should he get the boot from Yamaha which is looking very likely how worse can it get tested well in pre season then in the season he does crap when the real season begins.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

who says that Ducati would want Spies?  i thought the Duke was supposed to end promising GP careers, not prolong the careers of those at the precipice (if not over by 2013).

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

Robust bikes?

Great ride from Lorenzo. As the comentators keep saying the top 3-4 do not make mistakes. Unfortunately I think the race was a bit anemic at points because everyone is simply trying to survive, with the spectere of no points hanging over the simpliest error. Frantastic to see Rossi and Stoner go toe to toe again. Rossi has clearly not lost any of his wet weather skill. Stoner was struggling everywhere with the back end.

Wonder if anyone but Lorenzo gets the irony of forgoing a totally wet test day at Estriol!

Slightly off the topic, but... Dovi and Cal both picked up their bikes and carried on - well done you guys.

I have to wonder if the teams might consider making a slightly more robust machine for the rain. Steel/Ti Clip ons, beefier brake and clutch levers, foot pegs, I don't know crash bars! Seems to me that any wet race being able to pick the bike up again and carry on is vital. Particularly in Moto2 and Moto3.

Looking at all the Moto3 bikes being unable to be restarted is laugh, wonder how long it will take one of the engine manufacters to make low RPM decompression system to all quick and easy restart. Could be the difference between points and none again.

Fark I hate racing in the rain, even though I am okay at it. These guys must be sick to tears with it by now, well everyone except Ducati for now.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

CosherB possibillity that could happen Spies on a Ducati in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

2nd Coming of Florence? ... err not really.

Did Dovi's bike spill fluid on the start line? At a quick look, all the bikes on that line had issues like when I wind on the old GS thou in second!

Unfortunately the race was for the minor placings, but pretty exciting none the less. Florence still knows how to ride, but with fk all to lose and the real job of developing a bike to win in the dry, he knows where he really stands in the big picture.

Jeez, not a good year to be a yank is it?

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

UNLUCKY

how many times in wet race stoner got unlucky like that?? almost none. he always superb in wet race. chased lorenzo from 4 sec down to 2 sec. but suddenly he fell to 6 sec. start from that i knew something wrong with him. i thought it's arm pump again, but in the end it's the tire tempt. well, if he didn't has problem, i'm sure he already fight with lorenzo for 1st.

46ers : laugh while you still can. your bitch so lucky more than anybody else. i cann't blame him for that.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

THE BITCH

"...When I realized that I could really push hard and that it was possible to catch Stoner again, I went for it.."

this bitch never tell the truth. he already knew that stoner got problem, but he told like it was his skill that catch stoner. even when tried to overtook stoner, he done like mad cow. gone wide in every corner. what a bitch. it makes me no respect to him even more.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

BITCH???

Bitch.......thats childisch!!!!

And Rossi was pusching realy hard!! whats wrong with that. Rossi's not competative on the Ducati, but this time in the rain he beats stoner fair!! JORGE great race!! keep it up and take back your Title!!!

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Motoking...another retard

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Grazie to Stoner?

Was surprised at the resurgence but it's more than equal to the sum of it's parts.  I watched the interview on MotoGP web site with Rossi (it's free ;-) , his whole demeanour has changed with the announcement of Stoners exit.  He literally cannot stop smiling.  Announcing he has 'minimum 2 more years - at least, before considering retirement is a juxt apose to Stoners.  2 very different messages and for the layman, I guess quite welcome (not to me for Stoner).  The interview was quite fun to watch, dare I say ' a twinkle in his eye?'

Either way, it's picked up superboys confidence and I am glad to see him back up on the top steps.  Whether this continues is another question and one I'm keen to watch for.  As my missus said 'Why can't he do that in the dry?'  Good point love.  As for Cal, agreed - after putting some beautiful racing moves on (2 world champ) Italians, he pushed it a little too far closing down Rossi.  Again, it's experience, and he got straight back on and still took it over the line scoring points.  He's still ahead of his more experience team mate in the Championship standings. So it didn't work out too bad.  I also disagree, I thinkg Dovi thought he was under pressure also  pushing too hard (did he know Cal had crashed?).  When said and done, they are as fast as each other which is a compliment to Cal (in fairness) and the rivalry is superb for the fans.  They are both decent modest blokes, I can't wait for the next round.  Congrats to Lorenzo. I know I shouldn't, but I'm still laughing at De Puniets crash. Anyway, that's not important right now or as the French say 'Cest la vie'.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices