Skip to content

Discuss This Seeley dominates North West 200 TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Seeley dominates North West 200

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Seeley dominates North West 200

At one stage during Saturday’s North West 200 it looked like Alastair Seeley might have to be content with just his Thursday Superstock race win on the Tyco TAS Suzuki. In the first Supersport race William Dunlop was in control until he made a mistake at Juniper. That allowed Seeley to close in on the rapid Wilson Craig Honda and the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 09:18)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Big Balls required

Absolutely immense racing, watched it all on (BBC NI channel 973 on sky) over the last few days.

These Lads are modern day gladiators. Just wish i'd been there. Top entertainment tho!

Oh well, i'll have to make do with going the manx and the southern 100, roll on summer!

Reply to this Topic
wolfblade

Nov 11

wolfblade says:

THOUGHTS

First and foremost, our thoughts go out to Mark Buckley and his family, our deepest condolences.

Seeley: HHHMMMM! if you get the chance to watch it, his 'pass' on William Dunlop in the Supersport race should have had him disqualified! what a utter P***K.  Instead of Hector Neil making  f*****g stupid comments regarding riders from the second groups, i'd like to hear his comments, about HIS rider, being utterly dangerous making moves like that on the roads! This is not Oulton Park! 

Congratulations to Rutter, a 1st, 2nd and third - a good few days work, watch him race (and McGuinness) superb on a bike and beautifully smooth. 

Be careful out there.

Reply to this Topic
gaslight46

May 12

gaslight46 says:

Aggressive and dangerous

Firstly, I would like to share the sentiments of @wolfblade. The thoughts and prayers of all of us are with his family and friends at this horrible time. In light of the dangers of the sport we love, and the fact that, unfortunately death does come knocking all to often within road racing, I can not hide my anger at the utterly desperate and overly aggressive attack of Seeley on William Dunlop entering Church corner. Watching this race, I was amazed that Dunlop stayed on the bike. I am a huge TAS suzuki fan, (have been since the days of David Jefferies) and went into the Northwest a fan of Alastair. Unfortunately, his actions, and then reaction to his unprofessional riding style have changed my opinion of him greatly. Seeley commented after the race "He races BSB, he should know the score", referring to Dunlops annoyance over the move. In my opinion, Alastair needs to speak to Michael Rutter, Steve Plater, Stuart Easton or any other of the Northewst competitors who have ridden BSB in the past. There are no hedges, walls or telegraph poles in BSB. Perhaps there, aggressive moves can be justified or at least tolerated. In road racing, they can mean you are playing with a mans life. Regarding the issue sorrounding Michael Rutter during the superstock race. Although I like Michael and love to see him victorious at the Northwest, I can not help but agree with Hector Niell. Surely it is unfair to have top men fighting it out neck in neck in a tight race over six laps, only to allow another rider the advantage of a clear track for the entire race? To me, at least, it doesnt seem fair. Finally, having seen a photograph of Guy Martins crash, I would like to wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for the TT in a weeks time!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices