Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow baffled by speed issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow baffled by speed issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow baffled by speed issue

British rider Cal Crutchlow said he was baffled by a speed deficit with his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 machine before he crashed out of podium contention in a rain-affected French MotoGP clash. Crutchlow was locked in a terrific tussle with Italian duo Valentino Rossi and Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso when he crashed out of fifth place at Turn 2...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 09:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Okay Benny... But...

I quite like some WSB style, "no brain" style riding most of the time as it makes for better viewing rather than watching them all play safe and follow each other round and round, scared to go near another rider incase they get told off for getting too close (See pages 15 &16 of the Stoner and Lorenzo rule book on other bikes getting too close to them and at what stage of the race a satelite bike is allowed to attempt an overtake) Booooring!!!

Cal is in his second year and is probably itching to start getting some decent results after a year of learning so i don't blame him for wanting to race hard and beat his team mate, after all, that is the first rule isnt it? "Beat your team mate"... The bike is capable so why not go for it??

Agree though... he needs to stop the fucking whining already!!!

Just my opinion...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Come on Cal...

He was fastest in the warm-up but fast laps & a crash mean you're pushing too hard for the conditions (though it did serve to show him where the limit was)... I was waiting for it to happen but willing him to stay on... so pissed off when he proved me right.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Sorry Cal, but the speed trap figures show that you were a we bit faster in a straight line than Lorenzo, Rossi and Dovi. Do you think your bike should be significantly faster than your team mate's machine? Man up and accept it. You crashed, as did several others, through pushing that bit too hard and other riders rode better than you. It happens.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Speed

The speed "trap" devices are in the braking zone so if you brake later harder you'll show up as having more speed ,

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Rich1967

You hit the nail right on the head .

You could see cal was being left behind on the straights .

Reply to this Topic
lickers

Oct 11

lickers says:

Benny

You got a link to the press release? All the ones I have read said nothing about Cal being a wanker.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

benny

Dovi is hardly a class act is he, 3 seasons on a Honda, two in the top team with one win, in the wet.

Hardly a world beater, top 3 if he's lucky otherwise 4th to 7th, as for the Cal hating, like other people who strongly hate others like Casey or Rossi, it would appear you have issues fella, calm down, get over it and enjoy the racing.

Reply to this Topic
Max22

May 12

Max22 says:

two crashes

Another girly bitch fight about Crotchless and Dovi now. God! Happy days.

Was it just me or did they both come off so I can't see how Dovi comes out smelling of roses? But then this is really all about who you hate to most people on here not about the overall racing.

Also Cal seemed to take a lot longer getting back up whereas Dovi seemed to crash next some handy marshals and got back up a lot quicker? Well that's what the coverage seemed to show. Only 6(?) seconds or so between them at the end so could have changed the race order plus it depends how bashed up the bikes were in comparison after the surff. I thought Cal was not far in taking Rossi off too.

Just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

what's the argument?

Both guys were nose to tail for most of the race, they both crashed, they finished right next to each other in the order, and they both had pretty decent weekends. I fail to see were there is anything to argue or bitch about.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

There are some really grown up opinions on here. They want to treat Crutchlow like how they treated Toseland. Unbelievable.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices