Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Tyre temperature issue leaves Casey Stoner third MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Tyre temperature issue leaves Casey Stoner third

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Tyre temperature issue leaves Casey Stoner third

Casey Stoner lost the lead in the MotoGP world championship in Le Mans after temperature issues with his wet weather Bridgestone tyres left him in third position. The Aussie, who announced he will retire from racing at the end of 2012 on the eve of the French Grand Prix, was unable to hold off a hard charging Valentino Rossi on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

iv'e seen riders on shot tires..

...run their fastest laps..stoner needs a clear track and perfect setup or he whines like a little prat..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner's explanations

I actually agree that it is somewhat a bad look when he makes these detailed explanations after he loses races, but they are usually not untrue as I suspect is also the case with this one, and he does exactly the same when he wins.

It should be obvious now that his motivations are not easily penetrated or simple, and perhaps this is  a process he engages in rather than a claim that he would otherwise have won.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Hedgy

Why you directing those questions at me?? I don't think i mentioned the points that you are trying to defend in any of my below posts??

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

As always a clear concise detailed

analysis from Stoner. This man knows what he's doing and why his bike wasn't right each and every time. I was thinking perhaps he was a touch off with his wet set-up, yet his explaination makes a lot of sense as the conditions varied.

But no you lot just whinge with your eyes and ears closed and dismiss it all as moaning.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostrodamus

I think most riders know why there bike isn't right each and every time...but they don't moan about it !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Moaning - pot, kettle, black

Is it moaning to just relate some facts about how your race, or practise session, or qualifying went. Or is it just giving an account of what happened. Is it moaning to state that your tyre caused you a problem. Was Rossi moaning when he mentioned his visor steaming up which allowed the Tech3 bikes to close back in. Or just stating what happened. Or was he making an excuse up because they caught him and couldn't give them credit for being faster at that point. Or was he just relaying the facts.

Given the infantile moaning, bickering and downright poisoness verbal abuse that goes on this forum, it's laughable how some of you childish dolts have the gall to complain about 'moaning'

Reply to this Topic
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

TYRE ISSUES

surely all the riders tyres suffered during that race ??  ie.. wet track drying,

cant see it was just casey"s tyres  or was it just the fact casey  got beat fair and square by rossi,

was a fantatic race though,  WET SIVERSTONE ANYONE...

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bultoboy

Even when stoner wins he moans about something ....and if he doesn't win the title this year his fans will say it's because he lost his passion for the sport....

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Rossi moans too about team mates who turn out to be a threat.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

He is right, the tyres were giving him problems. But some of the blame has got to lie with him, because when you are using wet tyres and the track starts to dry out, you start going off line to try and cool the tyres down. I rarely saw him doing this compared to some off the other riders.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices