Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

Valentino Rossi came out on top of a captivating late battle with Honda rival Casey Stoner to secure second place and his best Ducati finish in yesterday’s rain-hit French Grand Prix at Le Mans. Capitalising on the Ducati’s competitiveness in wet conditions, the 33-year-old was challenging for the podium throughout the 28-lap race having earlier been locked in a thrilling duel...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Like I said yesterday can he replicate the same result in dry conditions that is the main question it remains to be seen.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Freak result...

...is Dovi on the podium

History shows Rossi can ride a bike and with the power turned down for the conditions the Ducati is a match - when the track is dry and the powers ramped back up the Duke doesnt work. Seems the fault in the equation is the big red beastie.

Best moment was the handshake between VR and CS after the race.
If VR and the Duke were competitive again that may swing CS out of retirement...

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Hmmmm?

'freak' is the wrong word I think. Great ride by Rossi. A well deserved and skilfully obtained 2nd position. Stoner was unable to compete with the old master on this occation. Great for Ducati and Rossi. Let's hope they can improve the dry setup!!!

Reply to this Topic
Chappie46

Oct 05

Chappie46 says:

Freak Result

I wouldn't call a guy with 176 career GP Podiums a getting there again a freak result.

What it shows is that if you level the playing field, the guy will get into the top three without too much difficulty.

I seems that everytime an article with anything to do with Rossi is posted, you get the same idiotic comments from the same idiotic users no matter what the story is about.

People can talk about Rossi fans being over the top with their comments but its no different to a person who supports their fav football team its a passion and people will always defend their hero's

But the level of obsessive Rossi bashing on this site is ridiculous,

If you dont like or follow someone how can they be on your brain 24/7, how can you afford so much time to someone you dont like,

I dont need to name any users in particular because they know who they are and everyone else knows who they are.

Sad Bastards

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmm...

Taking nothing away from Rossi's great ride, we know from last year how good Stoner is normally in the wet (even on slicks)... the 1000 has issues but I'd put money on it's wet set-up being sorted for the next race & him being 30 or 40 secs up the road again.

From the rider's point of view I hope the remaining rounds are dry (& that the Ducati comes good) but wet races make for some good racing.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Are you dumb

YamahaRacer. You know fully well that the reason Rossi managed the 2nd place results in the wet is because the RAIN is known to level out the bikes to a point where they are closer to each other. How else do you explain the GP12 suddenly being a few tenths closer to the M1's or RCV's or sometimes even beating them.

RAIN, RAIN is the great equalizer. Come dry weather and we will see the RCV's and M1's jump back where they rightfully belong technically and mechanically. We will see the GP12 being behind by 1 ot 2 seconds again.

What WE REJOICE about and is LOST to you and your hatred, is that Rossi IS NOT DONE, washed up, lost his talent, afraid of crashing, mourning his friend death, too old, etc...etc...and all the other reasons you and your orange thong panty brigade have come up with, for him not being in the mix of podium finishes.

What we saw is that ROSSI is just as talented as his last few races on the M1 in 2010, when he made MOTPGP so exciting to watch. He is Mr. Excitement. If it was only Dovi and Crutchlow fighting it out, we would have just thought...oh, nice battle, but because Rossi was there  with them it was even more electrifying and when he closed it down on Stoenzo, well, what can I say other than, everyone went home or turned off the TV feeling very satisfied.

If Stoenzo could generate that much excitement, he sure as shit would never be retiring. It's what he craves and sadly he knows he lacks that. He is a dour, sour puss. What he should do is become the villian and toy with the competition, perhaps people will want to see him more to see him get beat.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Freak result

I would agree that saying freak result is the wrong terminology for Vale's 2nd place but heartily agree that in "normal" dry conditions Vale can expect to be back around 6th or 7th place and I'm sure he would be the first to admit that. Regardless, great to see him back on the podium, clearly still driven to be successful in MotoGp and I'm hoping that the test in Mugello could be another step in making the Ducati more competitive so we have more than 3 riders challenging for the lead.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

OoooOOooooohhh

Milky is in Luuuurve.....

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Benny..

...in the dry the Duke will be beaten - all the posts below agree on that point.

The point of dispute is whether Rossi 'past it'.
Clearly the result in the wet shows he can still ride a bike - and compared to Dovi or Crutchlow he is a lot faster than them. Come the dry the Duke will get swallowed, come the 'miracle cure' for the Duke and our 4th alien will be back.

Dovi isnt an alien, Rossi is.

Reply to this Topic
blah

Jun 10

blah says:

Rossi is the best, most loved and respected rider in Moto GP. Stoner by comparison is just a tourist, a pretty fast one but nevertheless just that. Just listen to the crowds when Rossi is doing well, or when Simoncelli did well, or Lorenzo. Stoner - nothing. He maybe fast but with a personality like a grumpy 60 year old bitter man (at 25) he will never endear himself to the fans.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices