Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

Valentino Rossi came out on top of a captivating late battle with Honda rival Casey Stoner to secure second place and his best Ducati finish in yesterday’s rain-hit French Grand Prix at Le Mans. Capitalising on the Ducati’s competitiveness in wet conditions, the 33-year-old was challenging for the podium throughout the 28-lap race having earlier been locked in a thrilling duel...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Lucky me!

I get to see the whole race again tonight at 10:30 in Brazil.

Sky Sport TV are re-running the MOTO 2 and MOTO GP races at Le-Mans.

Someone said on here earlier, great duel that will soon be forgotten. Don't think so.

Everyone still remember Laguna Seca where Rossi beat Stoner. This one will be the same.

Role on when the Duke is sorted for the dry. Somehow, I don't think that will be long now.

I am looking foreward to a few more Rossi and Stoner duels before the season finishes.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Anyone who rides bikes knows how tricky wet conditions are. And it is true no matter what the bike, the rider is key. And so we saw that Rossi is without question still a racer who loves to race the best and at the front and is competitive.  But like JB said this is a summer sport so it is pretty dire to have to rely on rain (the great leveller for bikes and riders) to show Ducati have one the th best racers in the world.  Can Vale replicate the result in the dry? Of course not because he’s on a Ducati! The bike is worse than Hondas and Yamahas, which shows itself in the dry, so obviously there should always be 5 or 6 guys finishing ahead. It’s as simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bootlegger

Amen to that bud. It was (honestly!) good  to see Vale mixing it at the pointy end.  

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And people moan about criticising Rossi

And why does he get so much flak on forums - because of the attitude of his more fanatical fans (a large percentage unfortunately it seems) who cannot give any credit to another rider and have to knock them down

As per Cornball

Stunning ride from Rossi, the wet is the great leveler, his skill is unquestionable, Cal made the mistake of trying to beat Rossi at his own game, on a level playing field, but he's not ready for that yet.

Rossi rode a very good race yesterday and fully deservred his place, purely on merit. Sure, Stoner had tyre problems but there is rarely a race in which one rider or another doesn't have an issue of some sort and they are that finely matched that any tiny problem takes tenths away from lap times. Over race distance it means a sizeable gap to any rider who, on that particular day, doesn't have issues and can capitalise on it.

So why not just be happy that yesterday, your favoured rider rode a very good race and attained a good result on merit. Instead of rubbishing two other riders, Stoner and Cal. On what sort of basis do you make the statement that 'Cal tried to beat Rossi at his own game'? Yet again, we have this superior attitude of the Rossi fanatic that there is no-one out there as good as he is. And people wonder why there is so much hate peddled on here.

As for the wet being a great leveller, I've already said what a good ride he had and the next comment is not in any way intended to take away from that. But what about the previous wet races:

Jerez  2011  -  crashed

Silverstone 2011  -  less said the better

PI 2011  -  crashed

Donnington 2009  -  crashed

Think before you peddle crap.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bultoboy

jerez 2011   5th

ss 2011       6th

don 2009     5th                                                                                                                                                        

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

According to a lot of pant sniffers

on this forum, Rossi can't ride a bike anymore. I suppose thats why he handed stoner his arse yesterday. Laugh? I almost passed a kidney!

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

much to do 'bout nuthin

VR did great in the rain and I was cheering,,, but I can't see why anyone thinks that anything has changed. If Catalunya is dry, it will be status quo,, VR and NH about a second off the pace. I don't remeber anyone saying Vale forgot how to ride, only that he is past his prime. Combine that with the "differant -to-ride Ducati and he isn't gone to be close enought to StoLorPed to be handing arse to them. I guess that there is a wake-up call in store for a few of you. There willl be progress for sure, but VR will be batling Bautista in Spain next week,, unless it rains, then it's Forza Vale.

@ cornbal - regardless of how good a rider is, it has no bearing on whether they have the "old-guy gene". Max & Checa have it,, But it's to early to know if Vale has it. And both Checa and Max experienced a dip between their youth peak and their current second-life peak.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Benny

You should do stand up comedy, a. Big STD shit set up bike, lol it's been the best satelite team for a decade Edwards n spies seemed to do ok, not to mention cal n dove up the pointy end most races and Rossi fans are supper to give praise to riders once in a while tut lol

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

And Stoners handed Vales arse how many times now  'supermarigold'? Too many for your liking i guess. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

2007 season first season on the 800cc and the last season of that formula Stoner gave Rossi a good beating and like I pointed out earlier put the two on the same machine one outcome CS will whoop VR's ass.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices