Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

Valentino Rossi came out on top of a captivating late battle with Honda rival Casey Stoner to secure second place and his best Ducati finish in yesterday’s rain-hit French Grand Prix at Le Mans. Capitalising on the Ducati’s competitiveness in wet conditions, the 33-year-old was challenging for the podium throughout the 28-lap race having earlier been locked in a thrilling duel...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

For us Rossi fans

And fans of mc sport this result/ performance has only strengthened our belief that rossis talent did not just disappear the moment he threw his leg over the ducati!!!! As some morons would like to believe. It was a superb ride by Rossi. He took the fight to stoner in difficult conditions and showed him how it's done. Like the days of old. Stoner tried hard to keep him at bay, but there was no hope as Rossi was much stronger. Can anyone pull out last lap moves and lap times like Rossi? A superb performance. Hoping things can improve in the dry also. Then u "haters" can go eat humble pie/ sh.t.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

podiums

And what do podiums make......??....Not necessarily race wins and certainly not world championships...

The proof is in the pudding...More podiums...not more titles..!!

I actually enjoyed the fact the two formentioned acknowledeged each others efforts in difficult conditions...

Maybe now CS has dropped the bombshell he is relaxing more...

Casey podiumed lots on the ducati...and unfortunately could'nt turn alot of them into race wins...because

by his own admission...the bike was unpredictable....

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

Thankyou Vale

Thanks for making MOTOGP interesting again Rossi. You put a very big smile on my wife and i's face when you passed Stoner at Le Mans. You also made everyone else look silly on the brakes too. I also wonder if you ever read these blogs on the MCN website. Bet you would get a right laugh if you did. I know i do.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

EMM ?

Leemuz; Stoner turned more podium`s into race win`s than any other rider !

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thank you Jorge

for putting on such a masterclass display and making every other rider look silly. Especially on the brakes with you Martillo lever. You put a smile on my dial and breathed life back into the championship. I really hope you don't read this forum, as you'd probably never want to visit England again.

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

+1, priceless Nostro !!!

,,motogp's "interest" can be made in many ways. "for us Rossi fans", it was interesting. But unfortunately "Rossi" fans and "MC sport" fans are rarely the same. MC sport fans were happy as pigs-in-slop that VR did well,,, FORZA Vale and all!! But we MC sport fans first also know that rain races mean d*ck as far as indicators of bike/rider performance,, or I guess that Vermulin/Suzuki would have been multiple world champions.
Reality check for some of you, hope you don't hurt yourself but,,, Cataluña without rain, will resumje status quo. Which is to say, Ducati @ 1 second off the pace once again. Don't hate the messenger.. It's just a shame that some take LeMans as a divine sign that VR/Ducati is all of a sudden a faster than Stoner/Pedrosa/Honda or Lorenzo/Yamaha. Some read way too much into way too little,, "turning tighter" really? It's a rain race about 12 seconds per lap slower than the norm (dry qualifying)!!! Everyone was turning tighter!

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

I find it funny that Rossi career since the mid 1990s has seen his race over 260 times in both wet and dry conditions and someone sifts through all his amazing results and then tries to come up with 3 or 4 of his worst wet performances, on his worst bike and thinks they have some how justified their point!
Please can I just ask that no one actually bothers to list all his wins in the wet – yes I know it would be a long list but its just getting silly when it gets to that level.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Funny?

I find it funny that one decent race in 18 months and the slagging off of other riders is immediate. Rossi rode very well, no question, so you think it would be enough for supporters to be happy and enjoy the moment.

But as usual, there is the immediate reaction on here about how wet weather is a leveller and when things are level, no-one is a match for the master. Stoner, Crutchlow, Lorenzo, all have been subject to abuse and that Rossi has shown them he is still the GOAT when he has a bike that suits him. The same people who wail about the disrespect shown to Rossi completely deride his competitors on the back of one race.

Previous wet weather races are conveniently disregarded. So, Racingfan99:

someone sifts through all his amazing results and then tries to come up with 3 or 4 of his worst wet performances, on his worst bike and thinks they have some how justified their point!

I didn't trawl through any results, they are recent history and are fresh in the mind. As far as I remember there haven't been any other wet races since Donnington 2009, therefore recent history shows a poor race performance in the wet. As for the worst bike, I seem to remember Hayden setting fastest lap at Silverstone, scene of one of Rossi's wet weather master classes...

Then we have:

You put a very big smile on my wife and i's face when you passed Stoner at Le Mans. You also made everyone else look silly on the brakes too

Would that include Lorenzo. What a childish remark.

And you Rossi fanatics wonder why there is so much antagonism. Idiots. Some of you just knee-jerk shoot from the hip without a single thought as to whether what you say has any basis in fact. And yes, some of the Stoner crew can be just as bad, but nowhere near as many.

You'd better hope he performs at the next race as there are one or two equally rabid Stoner supporters who are going to be pretty active on here if he doesn't.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Leemuz

I actually enjoyed the fact the two formentioned acknowledeged each others efforts in difficult conditions...

Ditto bud.

Stoner/Rossi @Jerez will always be near the top in the MotoGp archives (rightly so) but yeah, it was good to see them getting along Sunday. 

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Good

to see the Desmo back up where it should be! Rossi seems to be able to ride it in the wet but not in the dry! Interesting! Let's hope for Ducatis sake and Rossis, that they can build on this result. It would appear that when the power delivery is turned down, for wet conditions, that Rossi is able to ride the Desmo but in the dry, the brutal power delivery doesn't suit him, Stoner being the only one able to master it, up to now. Well, just maybe, Ducati may be able to resolve this issue for Rossi or if not they need another Stoner if the bike is going to do anything again. I'd love to see Maverick Viñales or Marc Márquez on the Desmo as it is now. Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices