Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

Valentino Rossi came out on top of a captivating late battle with Honda rival Casey Stoner to secure second place and his best Ducati finish in yesterday’s rain-hit French Grand Prix at Le Mans. Capitalising on the Ducati’s competitiveness in wet conditions, the 33-year-old was challenging for the podium throughout the 28-lap race having earlier been locked in a thrilling duel...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Bulto

Dunno why you want to copy a comment I made – that’s just my point of view. Not saying it is yours mate, it’s a forum and I’m a realist not with my head in the clouds.
All I’ll say is you are as guilty of conveniently disregarding a huge amount of Rossi results…, like a good decades worth! And for the record you can see in my post I don’t tend to dis other Motogp riders nor resort to the playground mentality that has got so idiotic on here. There are a few crazies on both the VR and CS side but I ain’t one of em.  As a Rossi fan it was a joy to see him up at the front end but I’m pretty certain he’s still gonna be a second a lap slower in the dry come the next race, but he’s on a Ducati and he chose to be, so not much else can be said at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

That Jerez 2011 moment betwwen Rossi and Stoner tops the list ahead of the one where Pedrosa took his own team-mate out in the stunning season of 2006 good to see the sportsmanship between the two riders respect to both.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyStacey

Feb 12

PaceyStacey says:

to call yourself men...

...what a joke, another reason why i left this forum.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Getting better

Yep, a good result for Rossi, but as we all know he has got to do it in the dry. Although it is improving, whereas he was over a second off the pace, at LeMans it was 0.8secs in the dry.

Also many people were saying that the bike hasn't improved over the GP11.1, but where was Barbera?

Reply to this Topic
Rydr

Sep 09

Rydr says:

Le Mans... A Good Race...

This was a good race. Yes I'm a Rossi fan and I do like it when he does well. To see him on the podium again is definitely uplifting. All of the racers in moto gp are great riders, they wouldn't be there if they weren't. The top half dozen are exceptional. I just like to see good close racing. I don't mind hearing how good rider is but if you find that you have to trash a rider and his fans then it just shows how much a bottom feeder you are.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Racingfan99

Ok, accepted, I assumed you had picked up on my earlier post

I know Rossi has won a wet race before but to be honest, the only one I can remember was the Donnington race a few years ago and that was so out of character with previous wet races that I just put it down to Michelin flying in the wet specials for the race. Never before or since was he that much quicker than anyone else in the wet. However, irrelevant. Prior to that, I can't remember wet races, too long ago.

My point was, that prior to the race, you had the TV pundits barking their usual tosh and a lot of it was saying we know how well Rossi goes in the wet, so a wet race will favour him. Same on here. But based on recent history back to 2009, he has crashed in every wet race I can remember apart from Silverstone where he was lighty ears off the pace anyway. So I just couldn't see the logic in what they were saying, hence my comment - what was the basis of the assumption about a wet race.

As it turns out, he rode very well and fully deserved his 2nd place, but still we have the hype about GOAT, better than everyone else, ride of the day etc etc. and rubbishing of the rides of other riders by the fanboys.

Shame they can't just celebrate the result in the same manner as Rossi and Stoner did afterwards - surprising but very welcome.

Reply to this Topic
spitfire74

Jan 12

spitfire74 says:

You're all F*#@ing Mental

I thought we were all motorcycle fans? LeMans was a great race all around, so why all the Haterade? Rossi put in a great effort and demonstrated that aside from being on an inferior bike, he still has gobs of talent pouring out of his AGV. Stoner - Some love him, others think he's a bore, he's less entertaining than Rossi, as demonstrated by his much smaller fan base, but he's still fast as all hell and you have to respect him. and for all you shit talkers, if you're true riders, you have to respect every single racer on the GP paddock. Take Karel Abraham for instance... being one of the slower guys in GP still makes him one of the fastest in the world. Finally, yeah, Rossi is getting older, but if you look at WSBK, the last two winners, Biagi and Checa. Max won the championship at 40 and Checa at 39. WSBK is a full paddock and packed with incredible talent and guys that are willing to hang it out there for the win. Age matters a little, but heart, courage and glory count a lot more.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

bultoboy

hey mate yes donington was a masterclass by the great one...playing the violin across the finish line was cheeky and brilliant.  There were others...the inaugral race in china that year (05) also comes to mind...rossi miles ahead and slowed down at end and jaque almost caught him.  I think also the year lorenzo won the title rossi clawed his way through the pack in a wet race at sepang.  For sure though he doesnt have a great record in the new era(flag to flag) in changeable conditions. mugello 09 , donington09, jerez 11, motegi 07, philip island07( i think the one melandri won).  He did better in the full wet or of the full dry, although lemans 08 was a masterclass( it started to rain at end but noone came in).  Anyways just a couple races to jog your memory. 05 of course rossi was stoners age now(26) and dominated as stoner did in 11. cheers

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

46ERS

like i said, laugh out loud while you still can buddy.

i'm surprise not known 46ers coming and posting here. well, it's good than for party in this forum. LOL.

LAUGH WHILE YOU STILL CAN 46ERS. CAUSE NEXT RACE THAT WOULD THE LONGEST 80SEC AGAIN. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

And another...

Didn't Rossi also win at Indy while a tiny little storm was happening???

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices