Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Valentino Rossi claims best Ducati result

Valentino Rossi came out on top of a captivating late battle with Honda rival Casey Stoner to secure second place and his best Ducati finish in yesterday’s rain-hit French Grand Prix at Le Mans. Capitalising on the Ducati’s competitiveness in wet conditions, the 33-year-old was challenging for the podium throughout the 28-lap race having earlier been locked in a thrilling duel...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Nostro

your so full of shit, if you listen to some of the interviews on eurosport...lorenzo has had to go back to last years frame and settings...the ones rossi left in the computers before his departure to ducrapi....

And i would say at his stage of his career it was pretty gutsy of VR to move to ducrapi....

Knowing JLO was very quick....had rossi's 2 x times world championship winning bike....and all the speculation that CS was going to Repsol...

He could have packed up walked away and still been 9 times world champ...he had f**k all left to prove...

But as with the Yam move...he decided it was more challenging to move to an inferior bike....

Before you come back with CS won on it bollox...i mean inferior in World titles....

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

meh

it was the tyres, da dum chaaaaaaa,

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Credible post Leemuz

Yet more Rossi fanaticism completely deriding the achievements and ability of another rider and attributing his success to your hero.

Seems anyone who has had success since he arrived can either attribute it to benefitting from his bike development or benefitting from a period when he had inferior equipment. No-one can ever be better or do a better job. I'm amazed anyone could run a lap on a Motogp bike before Rossi came along and tutoured them all.

As for:

But as with the Yam move...he decided it was more challenging to move to an inferior bike....

That's one way of looking at it I guess. Then there's what really happened.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Fuck me

You lot are boring. Predictable comments start to finish from all the usual suspects. Every one becoming a caricature of themselves. Surely someone has something insightful to say. Like any clues as to how a bike can handle better in the wet than the dry? Because that was no levelling of the playing field. That was rossi on a sorted bike making 20m chunks out of the riders in front time and time again. Surely someone must have a theory on how a bike can have chronic understeer in the dry, yet lose it in the wet? It defys logic?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

zogg

good true points there and i do mean that,agreed

i did only however post on here for a giggle,but benny got it all wrong and used bad language(only yoking),rossi did a fine job benny, and given jorge's bolt off i think he may have won it??.keep it witty benny you have rattle many cages this weekend, we salute you.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Wet tracks

are a much better display of talent.......maybe all races should be in the wet?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

leveller

Whilst the wet does level the playing field out in bike performance, it doesnt level it out in terms of talent. Rossi IMO (and watch i saw) was smoother, kept the bike more upright and managed his tyres better than the others and timed his race well, which is why he came on strong at the end.

The Duke is getting better in the dry, if the next generation of engines gets the power down better his results will start to reflect his ability. Yeah yeah, all the usual haters and so called clever people will scoff . Rossi, dominated in the same way stoner and Lorenzo have, when he was a similar age and had the machine advantage they did.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Jesus Christ SuperStar

Burning 'round the corner on a.....oh yeah... it's a Yamaha isn't it. Oh well maybe next time eh Vale.

Points mean prizes for those in the title hunt, but second place is just first loser.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

VR CLAIM`S BEST DUCATI RESULT ?

Apart from the 23 win`s and 8 second`s it already had !  { CS }. And numerous podium`s in the hand`s of other rider`s.      Head to head result`s as Work`s rider`s : CS = 62 Podium`s VR = 49 Podium`s,only 1 winner there then !

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

What a great point well made Neville!

Well that proves it.. End of.. No more arguments needed... These stats 100% cement the fact that Stoner is a better rider in every way possible and that Rossi is a bag of shite... Thanks for clearing that up Neville and thanks for restoring world peace!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices