Skip to content

Discuss This Your lights are broken? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Your lights are broken?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Your lights are broken?

This may be a daft question, but... Why do manufacturers insist on only illuminating one side of a bikes lights? My last bike was a Kawasaki 2007 Z750 and I would be a rich man today if I had a penny for every time someone said to me 'your lights are broken'. Last month I was lucky enough to trade up to a new ZX10R. Again...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 May 2012 17:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Not All Kawasakis

My ZZR1400 has both dipped beams on at the same time. Another clever thing is they don't come on when you turn on the ignition, only once the engine has been started. 

People are talking about HID's for bikes and you can buy the upgrade kits but isn't it illegal to fit these unless the vehicle is fitted with a self-levelling system for the headlights?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

For feck sake

Sweet lamb of Jesus... Now the Garda are telling me my lights are broken.. I was pulled in at a checkpoint yesterday on my way home from work.. The wonderfully knowledgeable Garda told me 'one of your lights are out' to which i replied no its not... 'O yes it is' he said .. No its the way these bikes are designed i said as he looked at me as if i had ten heads.. He stepped backwards looking at my lights and told me to turn on my full beam which i did and then he asked am i sure this is how they work ... Doh..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices