Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Who's going to dominate at the TT? TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Poll: Who's going to dominate at the TT?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Who's going to dominate at the TT?

TT practice starts this weekend and it looks like the field is stronger than ever. Ian Hutchinson and Conor Cummins are back from injury, Michael Dunlop is riding three makes of bike, Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey are on fast Hondas, and John McGuinness and Guy Martin are quietly confident. And then there's the like of Ryan Farquhar, Gary Johnson and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 13:26)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

Where's McGuinness?

2 Hutchinsons and no Mcguinness, If i was betting money it'd be on McGuinness!

Reply to this Topic
diychap

Dec 08

diychap says:

No JM

Where's J McGuinness? Very poor show.

Reply to this Topic
yamanx

Aug 02

yamanx says:

John M

Not on your list? Doughnuts!

Reply to this Topic
MCNJohnWestlake

Dec 09

No John M

Sorry. Slight technical hitch there. Mr McGuinness was of course top of our list, but appears to have been replaced by a rogue Hutchy. It'll be fixed pronto

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

lol why is everyone voting for Guy Martin?

lol - Guy Martin is getting all the votes - no chance. My money would be on Michael Dunlop this year.  

Reply to this Topic
MCNJohnWestlake

Dec 09

Still no John M

Sorry about this. There's some gremlin in the polling thing we use. Basically, the top Hutchy is John McGuinness (and shows up as such in the results). So if you want to vote for John M, vote for the first Hutchinson. Not sure this is going to be the most statistically valid poll we've ever done... Apologies

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

I hope he does dominate. Seems to me like hes got the 600's and the Superstocker sorted aswell judging by the NW200.

One rider and team that i WILL NOT be supporting will be the TAS Team and Alastair after that disgraceful display at the NW200...the child and team need a right old slapping.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

bloody computer

lets get this right shall we? My money is on Mcpint to dominate. I hope he does too, and this year he seems to have found some pace on the 600 and the superstocker. Shaping up to be a great TT

ciao

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Interesting

IMO there is no obvious candidate for TT Domination this year.

I would have thought that Michael Dunlop would have been the one to beat. However are his bikes as good as the Works Offerings. We will wait and see. Superstock wise he must start as favourite.

Gary Johnson could be the one to beat on the 600's and also Michael Dunlop or Guy Martin.

Superbike wise you can never rule out John McG, although I suspect G Martin to be well up there.

Depending on his fitness, Ian Hutchinson could challenge.

Can't wait for practice to start.

Reply to this Topic
LordFarquhar

Aug 11

LordFarquhar says:

Guy Martin???

Hahahahahaha...no chance. There must have been a link to this poll from some Guy Martin TV personality fansite.

As RobTZ said I can't see any one person dominating this years TT. I would think the Wilson Craig boys will have a good chance in the Supersport after seeing how well the bikes were going at the NW200. Both William and Cameron both looked to be on it.

Michael Dunlop seems to be having no joy with his bikes but it would be dangerous to rule him out because we know what he's capable of.

Farquhar could be another suprise package as he was going well in all races at the NW200 and was good in qualifying. I'd say he's nailed on for the Supertwins and should go well in the Superstock and Superbike.

Too early for Hutchy methinks but still a fantastic achievement to be even racing.

Of course McGuiness is going to be the man to beat but I don't think he'll dominate, good warm up with a win at the NW200.

Anyway enough specualtion, roll on the TT and let's hope for good weather and a safe meeting.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices