Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should police use unmarked bikes? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should police use unmarked bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should police use unmarked bikes?

In this week's MCN we reveal the number of unmarked police bikes – the majority of which are superbikes or powerful sports tourers – that have been involved in accidents. Sussex police, for example, have had 20 accidents in the last five years on unmarked bikes, 12 of them single-vehicle crashes. But quite aside from the implication that some police riders struggle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 13:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

No , It's dangerous for everyone if they do not keep their distinctive markings.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

you notice a police bike behind you and you don't speed you get someone you deem as a twat right up your chuff baiting you, you usually try and and lose him, but turns out its a cop radioing to marked vehicles.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

To Aceedstorm - are you a PCSO whose application got turned down for being a real plod? Fuck me, I ain't seen anything that bitter since my ex found out  I wasn't dead!

Reply to this Topic
Zane

Aug 09

Zane says:

I am suprised by the nievety of many of you

In todays climate of voilent crime, terror and organised crime do you really think that all those unmarked biked are looking for speeding bikers?

I wonder if many of those slagging of the pollice are just worried because their fun may be ruined by officers prosecuting them. Remember the British Police,  police by consent, which means that they can use their discretion on how to deal with you. I would suggest that, human nature being what it is and police officers after all being human, sometimes an over zealous officer might prosecute a driver / rider that should maybe have a warning in others eyes. However, if it can't be proved you have done nothing wrong you wouldn't be prosecuted anyway. If you are prepared to take the risk you must be prepared to take the punishment, just like police driver / riders do every day. They do not have a seperate police licence, have to justify everything they do and most of the time are doing it to protect the public - that's us by the way, all of us.

Next time you read a story about an armed gang, terrorist cell, kidnapper being caught, just think that unmarked bike you are moaning about may be what made the difference.

And if the Government get their way, see what kind of service a privatised, political, profit motivated police service (aka G4S) provide you with. Fines for 1 mph over the limit, cash cameras on every road and 3 points for each offence meaning most of us would be disqualified four roads from home.

Appreciate what a good police service we have got and pray that the governments plan fails, and we keep it.

Oh, and yea I am a traffic plod.

Reply to this Topic
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

Yes

I voted yes, never race from the front stay behind, then you can see who you are dealing with. Why yes, well if the bikes are unmarked then all the Idiot car and lorry drivers will treat them like they treat us, but then instead of putting two fingers up at us, it will be off to the station with them, and for this reason and this reason alone, keep them on the road

Reply to this Topic
leo19

Oct 05

leo19 says:

unmarked bikes

If the riders have sufficient training then why not??

as peeps have already said, bike Cops are allowed to make judgement calls, so sitting at 5 mph above the limit on an empty road will not really provoke trouble. its when you rocket past at 90 between traffic that they get on your tail.

also, bike police are there to nick everyone, but they are seen to pick on bikers as a bike cop is the only one capable of getting close to a speeding R6. ever seen a police Subaru try to catch anything in built up traffic?? doesnt happen.

unmarked police vehicles do have to abide by strict rules and regulation regarding entrapment. otherwise any attempted prosecution will be ripped apart by even a inept solicitor. especially these days with a lot of riders wearing helmet mounted camera.

the unmarked cars and bikes are able to follow suspects people ( usually violent) without causing provocation / drawing too much attention. in my experience Police motorcyclists have been used with great effect to shadow armed Robbers and drugs dealers without causing any trouble. - in one case the robbers (armed with handguns and a shotgun) were followed  for 12 miles by unmarked cops, who were able to report back to  arrange a safe and controlled arrest of highly dangerous people. if they had used marked police cars, the criminals would been forced to either Scoot or shoot. either way, they would have caused more risk of accidents to innocent peeps.

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

Unmarked police bikes

Yes - the police should ride unmarked police bikes to catch the car driving Sh*ts who piss the motorcycling community off so royally and make our lives a misery by cutting us up, racing when we don't want to race, squeezing us out in traffic queues, taking breathtaking risks to overtake a motorbike, ignoring speed limits (man, you should live round here!!), etc., etc.,

Using unmarked bikes purely on motorcyclists is like using a nuclear submarine to patrol spanish fishing boats.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

god...

I love the police..... Sting is awesome...!

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

muddy686

muddy686 says

Yes, because you can spot a jam sandwich a mile off. At the end of the day if you're not doing anything wrong you've got nothing to worry about!

Arbeit Macht Frei....But if you've done nothing wrong?

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Zane

Zanesays

I am suprised by the nievety of many of you

In todays climate of voilent crime, terror and organised crime do you really think that all those unmarked biked are looking for speeding bikers?

I wonder if many of those slagging of the pollice are just worried because their fun may be ruined by officers prosecuting them. Remember the British Police, police by consent, which means that they can use their discretion on how to deal with you.

Easy targets... Yet for 14 consecutive years, Bradford e has had 50% uninsured drivers. Do you see any police there? Marked or otherwise?  No...It's a sensitive area. ie Asian..Far easier to patrol biker popular routes to entrap people who 'are' generally taxed, insured, working, not illegal migrants.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149952/Eduard-Mereohra-Drunken-illegal-immigrant-killed-pensioner-couple-100mph-smash.html

Same road a couple of years back. a biker killed by a driver who was registwered blind, again from the same areaof BD, any extra police presence? What do you think. Yet go to a bike meet, its like the 'secret policemans ball.'

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices