Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should police use unmarked bikes? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should police use unmarked bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should police use unmarked bikes?

In this week's MCN we reveal the number of unmarked police bikes – the majority of which are superbikes or powerful sports tourers – that have been involved in accidents. Sussex police, for example, have had 20 accidents in the last five years on unmarked bikes, 12 of them single-vehicle crashes. But quite aside from the implication that some police riders struggle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 May 2012 13:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Ha Snev

My old gran was recently nabbed by an un-marked rozza riding a mobility scooter. She was doing 6mph on a pavement in a shopping precinct near Tesco, in Slough Bastard was waiting behind the Matalan entrance, sly bugger. Snev me ol-mate…you make me smile, Sting funny.....

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

great idea

how many times have you been out on a leisure ride and a twat in a Golf humps you up your rear and undertakes you on a roundabout and you think 'god if only i was a copper' well these twats do it to bikers end of , so one day for them to be doing it only to realize when its to late that they've just been dangerous driving and breaking several laws 2 foot away from a police officer.. i think thats fantastic !

Reply to this Topic
Ddod

May 12

Ddod says:

Good point made by some:  if drivers think we could be plod they might drive less dangerously around us

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

my experience

If they do the goading thing then there idiots no better than the speeders... though i've never expereinced that.. i got pulled by an unmarked cop bike years ago on my old ZXR750H2 (beast!) followed me for a mile or so, on a national limit A road, no built up areas, i was speeding (but not crazy) and crossing solid whites... fair play lovely bloke, complimented my riding as fast but smooth and safe given road/conditions, told me to watch out though in future, gave me a bit of a ticking off, asked if i wanted to do the advanced thing and went on his way...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Just a thought.....

How about the rest of us Dress up as bike cops then we may see a difference in the way car drivers act towards us. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle