Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

While I'm walking my kids to school I keep seeing a bloke on a Blackbird going way too fast through my town centre. He's giving bikes a bad name but what should I do? Try and wave him down for a chat? Report him to the cops? Has anyone solved a similar problem? Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 13:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Lifelong bikers

I assume you read the sun and believe everything the glorious BBC (Praise to the labour overlords) says?

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Stopping the biker?

Put up a bright yellow box on the rout? or wear a high vis jacket and hold a radar gun looking object when he rides past

Reply to this Topic
loonylex

Oct 11

loonylex says:

If you feel this **** really needs sorting for everyones safety. Make a note of his registration number, where and what time. If its the same time and place they may stand a chance of catching him with a speed device/ witness his riding. WRITE/EMail your local Police demanding this **** is dealt with. Dont phone or speak to an officer on the street. If you write or email there is a paper trail they will have to deal with it. If this fails, write/email your local MP who will then contact your local Police. Also, ask that you be informed of the progress and outcome of their investigations into this public menace. If you dont bother then no-one else will. For all you know It might be a stolen bike being ridden by a drug dealer! not just an over enthusiastic biker with 1100cc engine and 50cc brain!!  

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

@lifelongbiker

Stupid T***, Go read the sun! nothing like being a complete tool and involving politics for no reason. Hope to god you have learning difficulties other wise your an embarrassment... And i kinda hope my bike is bigger then my penis... use a better insult. Thirdly, If he rides like a nob through town just hope he takes himself off the road before someone else because nothing you do will stop him.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Bore on mcn

Who is coming up with all this drivel ? Rehashed old bike stories ,boring crap polls and now this rubbish.MCN  should be renamed mcnotw motorcycle news of the world.For gods sake get rid of the editorial team and get back to being mcn.

Reply to this Topic
emaig02

Aug 06

emaig02 says:

teacher

maybe he's the headmaster and later for work! quite often.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I am bike crazy

and love all things to do with bikes, i am curtious when in my car to bikes and have been riding since i was about 10. I ride fast where there are open roads and dont take the piss through peoples villages. 

But what gets my back up is total arseholes riding through my village (in middle of a good biking route) at warp speed (i dont need a speed gun to know when they are around the ton mark). 

I have a little boy and if anything was to happen to him by either a car or biker driving/riding through my town or village at stupid speeds then i would murder them.

Everybody speeds EVERYBODY including me but i dont think it is acceptable to go through residential areas or towns treating it like a race track.

Don't stop the bike but if you feel at risk to such bad riding and its often then you have your right to report them. 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

We should...

We should report every dangerous motorist to the police.

Wow, counting every cager adds up!

Reply to this Topic
soysauce

Jan 12

soysauce says:

Either equip yourself with a fluoro jacket , a hairdryer a cap and clipboard wait at the side of the road, as he approaches point dryer at him in dramatic and obvious fashion.... Or take his number, make up a board with his number and a message slow down c+++t or you are nicked... see what happens if no improvement report him simple as... normally I'm anti filth but in cases like this it's justified.

Reply to this Topic
Hwystr

Nov 10

Hwystr says:

Hmmmmm

You are not a policeman and not responsible for enforcing traffic laws.......eventually the plod or laws of physics will get him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices