Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

While I'm walking my kids to school I keep seeing a bloke on a Blackbird going way too fast through my town centre. He's giving bikes a bad name but what should I do? Try and wave him down for a chat? Report him to the cops? Has anyone solved a similar problem? Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 13:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Treat him exactly the same as any other road user. Do you stop/report speeding cars? If the answer is yes, do the same (but remember you'd be breaking the law if you tried to stop him in the road). If not leave it and carry on, safe in the knowledge that mathematically a speeding bike is less dangerous to you and your kids than a car.

As for the Blackbird rider, he needs to realise that when you're on your tod on a country road riding your heart out its only your own life your risking, in town its different. I find that most riders will push it on the backroads but the moment it comes to a 30/40 stick to the limits, sends out the right image to the public and respect others safety.

Reply to this Topic
twowheelcj

May 12

twowheelcj says:

to muddy686:

You need to learn how to ride if you think a car turns or stops better than a bike.  You are the idiot.  He does have just as much of a right to speed as the old person in my comparision has the right to go too slow.  In the US we have minimums as well as maximums speeds.  But the main point is that you suck at riding if you can't stop or turn faster than a car.  And thanks for thinking that your opinion is any more valid than the next person.  Dip shit.

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

2008 Yamaha R1 60-0mph 12.7m

2007 Vauxhall Astra 60-0mph 10.8m

All there in road tests on a number of websites.  Cant find anything on turning circles mind.

Plus I've been an advanced riding tutor for 12 years, so I doubt I "suck" at riding, but I'm not arrogant enough to think that means I dont have anything left to learn. 

Reply to this Topic
twowheelcj

May 12

twowheelcj says:

ya muddy there are a whole lot of whatever the hell car that is on the road.  Since you can't narrow down the average car on the road to a specific make and model the next best thing would be to compare the Blackbird, since we know that is the bike we are talking about, to the mode car.  The most occuring car on the road in the US as well as world wide is the Ford F150.  Back to my original statement.  If you can't turn or stop faster than a Ford F150 than you suck at riding.

Reply to this Topic
twowheelcj

May 12

twowheelcj says:

You still seem to be missing the point of my original comment.  I will dumb it down for you.  There are bigger fish to fry than a guy speeding on a sport bike, and none of us are above basic traffic violations so go about your business and let mister Blackbird go about his.  And muddy686: stop being a pedantic ass.   

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Can't be right

@ muddy686 - There is no way stopping distances from 60 mph can be in the 10 to 13 meter range, unless an arrestor hook is being used.

Here are some real measurements: http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/63409349601676519910_sbk_smackdown_braking.jpg

Reply to this Topic
harhar

May 12

harhar says:

@

@ twowheelcj , Well you are kinda proving you are an idiot ,  He used a model car that's vastly more popular in the UK ( where the article is talking about ) And the Country he lives in , than an F150 , The fact you couldn't be bothered to even Google or make any attempt to find this out before you go calling peoples names and telling them " you suck " to try and validate your point proves this , Try finding out some facts before you go running your mouth off like a child , It's not hard and you will even learn something ,.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

id say leave it

unless you can get concrete proof he doing somthing dangerous aswell as speeding

as for bikes being faster to stop and handling better compared to a ford f150 thats not relvent to the uk all tho i expect most bikes could out break and turn a large 4 wheel drive vehicle the majority here drive small town cars or cars that were desgned for rallys ect witch makes sense because unlike the states where many roads are wider and straighter than here in the uk

speeding threw a town is a very stupid thing to do its one thing having fun on country roads but the fact is if he has an acident because of exsesive speed in town hes much more likely to cause harm to an inocent person

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Seems a bit

Nuts to me, I mean cars never stick to the speed limits but no one says, "should I take down his number or jump in front of him to slow him down" No they just go about their business.

I drive on all kinds of roads, and when I drive my bike at the correct speed limit I virtually always have some twat right up the back of my bike, I usually slow right down which makes them even closer, but then speed up to point out they are too close, it usually works, so long as you don't slow down too quickly of course.

Should it take his number and report him to the police for tail gating after all it is a dangerous thing to do.

No and again No, try doing the slow down arm movement if he really is going that fast, but if you wouldn't do it to a car then don't do it to a bike, it is much safer for all concerned that he goes fast through the town on a bike than in a car, ideally he should be riding with care, but we don't live in an ideal world.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

twowheelcj

is a spammer just looking for an argument so I'd take anything the idiot posts with a pinch of salt. (By the way a Vauxhall Astra is very different from a Ford F150 and by far more common on British roads that the gas guzzling Ford which makes no sense whatsoever to own and drive in the UK - unless you course it's making up for the serious lack of something in the trouser department).

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices