Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

While I'm walking my kids to school I keep seeing a bloke on a Blackbird going way too fast through my town centre. He's giving bikes a bad name but what should I do? Try and wave him down for a chat? Report him to the cops? Has anyone solved a similar problem? Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 May 2012 13:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Seriously

Bikers will always get bad stick from conservative do-gooders regardless of how well we ride. The point here is safety. If you are concerned about dangerous driving/riding on a school road raise your concerns with the school, get on the campaign path and get a police presence/speed camera installed during term time. Other than that there is little else you can do other than lead by example.

Reply to this Topic
twowheelcj

May 12

twowheelcj says:

Ya lets keep this all about the UK.  The Uk is the only place where people going 40 in a residental 30 mph zone is a problem.  Oh wait, no its not.  But lets keep it about the UK because this website is only read in the UK.  Oh wait, no its not.  Well lets use the Vauxhall because it is the most common vehicle no the road.  Oh wait, no its not.  Well TwowheelCJ is just looking for a fight and calling people names.  Oh wait, no it was Muddy686 who called TwowheelCJ names first and couldn't just leave his opinion and move on.  And Ford F150's are only for people who are small in the pants.  Oh wait, except every real man has at least one dirt bike in the garage and the only way to get that to the track or trail is in the back of a pickup.  Or in the UK, on the roof of your Vauxhall.  My eyes are rolling....  You guys in the UK really have sound arrguments. 

Reply to this Topic
tractorboybig

Nov 10

You unfortuanly find pillocks in every walk of life.

The problem is how do you define pillock.

Just because someone does something I find unacceptable, does that make them the pillock, or am I the pillock for moaning?????????????????

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Firebird v the rest......

If i had a pound for every driver that i see 'texting' (constantly looking down whilst driving) or, as i saw a few weeks back, a lady swerving from lane to lane (with 2 little blond haired kids in the back!!!!!!!!) due to her eating a f'kin yoghurt, i'd be rich enough to buy Cal some new brakes.

Yeah speed kills, but not as many as a lack of awareness.

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Kids

Anyone, even approaching the speed limit near a school during the schoolrun, with kids walking to school, should be stopped. But by the police. They're called children because they are not adult, and can be unpredictable. I've had 2 unforgetable experiences of this in years of riding, but certainly had I not been observant and cautious on those occasions, they or me would be dead.

So although I'm often critical of speed limits, not in this case.

I suppose if you could let the rider know, they may take notice, but best not to get personally involved. Wave him to slow down, and if that doesn't work, report him.

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Kids

Anyone, even approaching the speed limit near a school during the schoolrun, with kids walking to school, should be stopped. But by the police. They're called children because they are not adult, and can be unpredictable. I've had 2 unforgetable experiences of this in years of riding, but certainly had I not been observant and cautious on those occasions, they or me would be dead.

So although I'm often critical of speed limits, not in this case.

I suppose if you could let the rider know, they may take notice, but best not to get personally involved. Wave him to slow down, and if that doesn't work, report him.

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

Pillock species

The problem with stopping the pillock and trying to explain to him the error of his ways is that he is a pillock.

Pillocks believe that everyone else - including YOU - is the pillock.

My advice is - report the pillock.

The policeman you speak to might also be a pillock but thats another problem for another day..

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Carry a broom handle and "drop" it into the wanker's front wheel. And, before you all start whining, I ride a Blackbird. Cocks like this put my facking insurance up and cost me in other ways, so fukkim.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

School Zones/Dirt Bikes

@ Ridefree – Here in the US, the speed limit in school zones is 15 mph (~25 kph), which is reasonable to ride at as long as the children are not already out in the road right in front of you.

@ twowheelcj – If you have a dual-sport, no need for another vehicle to haul the bike to the trail. And with a small trailer, even a subcompact car can haul two dirt bikes at highway speeds, so no need for a full-size truck just for that.

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

EASY

STAND NAKED WITH A LARGE CARDBOARD SIGN.

"SLOW DOWN YOU CNUT"

shoulod work, for a wee bit?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle