Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

While I'm walking my kids to school I keep seeing a bloke on a Blackbird going way too fast through my town centre. He's giving bikes a bad name but what should I do? Try and wave him down for a chat? Report him to the cops? Has anyone solved a similar problem? Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 13:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

If he's

going way too fast near a school then he needs reporting. If he kills a kid, he'll learn but the price is too high.

If it's serious enough the cops will show up, possibly just bollock him and on a random day turn up again to see if the bollocking has worked.

Reply to this Topic
Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

drop

an anvil in his path.

That'll do the job.:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

maybe

In my opinion motorists spending too much time looking at their speedo instead of what’s going on around them are more dangerous than people that speed (to a point).  Most town centres have plenty of pedestrian crossings, try using them or asking for more.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

maybe

In my opinion motorists spending too much time looking at their speedo instead of what’s going on around them are more dangerous than people that speed (to a point).  Most town centres have plenty of pedestrian crossings, try using them or asking for more.

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

How fast?

The statement is a little vague on detail... how fast.. was sort of road.. whats near etc... if it s a big open road, no schools near and maybe its 50 in a 30 i would be less concerned... if the guy is hairing through a very busy high street type cetnral area or school/kids crossings at 70 plus MPH in a 30 then i say inform the old bill... the guy deserves what he's got coming if he's a frickin idiot..

Reply to this Topic
ianatchison123

Apr 09

SHOULD I STOP A BIKING PILLOCK

Would not even try to stop him as it may cause an accident and you may be blamed ! I would take his number and report him to the Police.Whilst the evidence on your word would not result in a prosecution they could warn him off.

Reply to this Topic
bengodden

Aug 10

bengodden says:

You ask/you answer: Should I stop a biking pillock?

Definately report him. Get some evidence and ask if anyone else will report him to, the more the better. Dont stop him, you'll get decked or worse. Chances are if he comes off at speed he's going to hit something/someone else, its not just his life at risk. and for twowheelcj, he doesn't have as much of a right to drive to fast as the 90 year old has to drive to slow because driving too fast is illegal! As for letting us go twice as fast, the statistics say that most accidents are through rider error, so that is a recipe for disaster. We have a responsibility as road users to ride safely.Of course we open it up on the big roads occasionally but through a town?? its not on. I would report it if it was a bike, car or anything else, because if you don't and it goes wrong, it might not just be him that gets hurt.I don't understand how anyone who has children or someone else they care about could say just ignore him and see what happens, someone like that could hit yours!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices