Skip to content

Discuss This Gino Rea gutted after Le Mans podium challenge ends early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Gino Rea gutted after Le Mans podium challenge ends early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Gino Rea gutted after Le Mans podium challenge ends early

Gino Rea was gutted after his hopes of claiming a shock maiden Moto2 rostrum were wrecked by home crowd favourite Johann Zarco in Le Mans last weekend. The former World Supersport winner has had a tough switch to the Moto2 class having struggled on the Gresini Moriwaki machine in the first three races. The Italian squad switched to the Suter chassis ahead...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 16:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
isnap

May 12

isnap says:

Gino was right

Gino was right to be pissed at Zarco, he was given no chance to stay on with his front end taken away. But Gino's dance in the gravel was maybe a little over the top? If this was any other motorsport ( and out side France) Zarco would have had a drive through at least.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I watched most of the race and missed the incident. JR is in the best paddock in the world and has many great days ahead of him. This w'end wasn't great for him but many more will be.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Big Gino fan but......

He was more than a little liable for the incident. Sad way to end his charge but he was the one who nearly high sided all on his own out of the last turn. Having just survived and getting going again he was like a wounded animal to the following pack. He must realise that whilst regaining his composure he was very wide (and slow) mid way through turn one and left a big gap for Zarco to go for who not only was on a charge but was on the correct trajectory. Gino seemed to unwittingly tighten his line just as Zarco was coming through at a rate of knots so I couldn't really see a reason to admonish let alone punish him. _____ Gino will have his day but I am gutted it wasn't last Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

At the time

I saw it way different. I thought gino had been taken out unfairly and had more than enough reason to go mad in the gravel trap. That's racing I guess. I think he had a real podium on there but yes gino is all or nothing and that near high side was close to all over. I'm hoping to see gino, smith and redding in the top 5 together again! There is alot of Brit talent out there at the mo.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

Only thing Zarco

was committed to was a lunatic asylum, not the first piece of stupidity from him either, didn't he get a warning in 125's for being too aggressive? needs to think about his racing a bit harder. And i admit to raising a smile when he finally binned it.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Huh? hit re-play

gaziskwakers - Fair enough if you don't like Zarco and didn't want him to win but it seems your bias is misplaced. Either you need to watch the lap and incident a few more times or you just don't understand racing. If like me you are a Gino Rea supporter and wish him lots of future success you will also recognise his talent (or speed which got him noticed) is his balls out hyper aggressive (far harder than Zarco) racer mentality. Go watch some of his WSS races..... the guy is nuts but good with it.......... right up until he crashes. As a matter of fact he probably would have dumped it himself by the end of the race trying to hard just like Johan himself.

Ocdcbr - Of course Gino was pissed off, he is a passionate racer, but alas he was in the way. Zarco hardly even flinched nor was his bike upset in any way which proves he wasn't out of order and didn't bash Gino out of the way. Hell Johnny Rea hit three people harder in Race 2 at Donington and only one went down.

However I will join you in wishing Gino future success and with the changes to his bike, and possibly matching suspension, hopefully he can get up to the front in the dry sooner rather than later. Very exciting guy. 

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Watched the incident again this morning and it was very definitely just a racing incident. It wasn't a particularly risky overtaking manoeuvre at that point in the race or in those conditions. I do, however, find it to be pushing credibility to say that Rea was fighting for a podium place. It was only lap eight FFS, way short of half distance. Look at the rate of attrition in that race (15 riders crashed IIRC, 12 didn't finish). Look at how much things changed from lap eight to the finish. Look at Rea's record so far this season. Good riding to that point, but could he have kept it up for another 18 laps?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Well put jollyboy!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool