Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: “Rossi still one of the best” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: “Rossi still one of the best”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: “Rossi still one of the best”

Cal Crutchlow said Valentino Rossi’s brilliant return to the podium in a rain-hit French Grand Prix on Sunday proved the Italian is still one of the best riders in the world. Rossi claimed his first rostrum for 12 months and best Ducati finish when he finished second in Le Mans after coming out on top of separate thrilling battles with Crutchlow...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 17:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Pacey and Car Cleaner

Agree with your comments totally. IMHO there was too much media hype in 2010. I just couldn't see it at the time and my comments regarding this were regularly shot down on this forum. Most noteably by Rawdawg. However, I will not provide an opinion on Ben until after the British GP. By then we have enough rounds for 2012 to form an opinion. Not like those there were writing him off after one poor result in Qatar.

However, although we appear not to get the weekly or sometimes twice weekly Ben Spies Headline, lets not forget what this article is about and that is Rossi.

Did anyone actually believe he wasn't still one of the greats. Rossi the GOAT.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

YES INDEEDY...

There are 1,2,3,4,5 oh yes 6 Work`s bike`s, a rookie,1 bloke using Showa another geezer who "bought" a ride a half decent lad on a reject and,ofcourse,a pair of fast satty boy`s.  That make`s 12 in total.     So obviously Rossi is still "one of the best". It is obvious,ain`t it ?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyStacey

Feb 12

PaceyStacey says:

Hedgehog5

your ignorant comments dont fit in here...to say rossi has lost it makes no sense considering before he jumped on the ducati he was fighting for wins when he was still recovering from a broken leg and shoulder. i think you haters are finding last weekends race hard to accept.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyStacey

Feb 12

PaceyStacey says:

continued...

you dont "lose it" over the space of a winter, the glory hunting stoner fans just loook at whats in front of them (dont they elbowz), not the big picture!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Settle down PaceyStacey..

Hedgy said he was only Joking..... (even though i know he probably wasn't ;) ) You are one intense VR worshiper Stacey and i think you are past help at this stage...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The argument PS

have never been whether Rossi has lost it or not. No sensible contributor has debated that moot point. Although the man is going through a serious crisis of confidence, just as Spies is.

The fact is time stands still for no man and the three Aliens have advanced the riding game beyond the means of Rossi. The last two years have displayed this time and time again. Rossi himself knew it which was the reason for the him or me ultimatum to Yamaha. He believed his own press and saw a fast bike at Ducati and simply thought a bit of his fairy dust would sort it - well he did think that until slinging a leg over Nov 2010.

There isn't any way back little 46ers.

As for the fool from across the pond  - VFR man. That was a biggest dose of unrealistic fawnication since David Emmett said last year Rossi would win titles if on a Honda.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pacey...

Exactly... I don't think Rossi has lost it... but as someone who couldn't keep up with his pace is Cal likely to say he's crap?... because what would that say about Cal's ability?... &, of course, having beaten him comfortably in all 3 previous races this season, what is Cal saying about his own ability?... it's a no brainer... you might as well have asked him if rain was wet.

Ignorant?... please read posts fully before allowing the red mist to settle.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Alien

Guya,

apologies for my ignorance, what does the term 'Alien' mean?

everyone keeps using it but i've never heard an explaination!

thanks,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
filly46

May 12

filly46 says:

zoobaz

alien means there are 4 riders who are out of this world, they are rossi, stoner, pedrosa and lorenzo, thats where it came from.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

cal

i got to admit...i thought it was a case of when not if he bins it the way he was been so aggressive in the wet..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices