Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda thrilled with Stefan Bradl’s form MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda thrilled with Stefan Bradl’s form

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR Honda thrilled with Stefan Bradl’s form

LCR Honda boss Lucio Cecchinello says he is thrilled with the form of MotoGP rookie Stefan Bradl after the German claimed his best result so far in 2012 during a rain-lashed French Grand Prix on Sunday. Bradl was fifth in treacherous conditions and he hasn’t finished outside the top 10 yet in the opening four races after making a superb switch...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 May 2012 17:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Remember watching his dad race on the factory 250 NSR Honda GP bike. A chip off the old block for sure. 

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

how can they not be ?

He has maintained a good performance right from the start and has been worthy of a mention in every race ,I can see some future Battles with a Mr Marquez in the coming seasons ,Nice to see some new aliens in the making,Losing Simoncelli last year was bad and I thought it would be very dull without him ,but as with anything in this world ,Life goes on and Its funny how nothing stops or waits for anyone,You cant help but think that Caseys bike would of been his next year though,it is good to see some new guns coming up though, not least our own #35

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Bradl has exceeded my expectations.  i just hope that he doesn't become a pawn in a game to ease Marquez into a Honda ride for next season, Bradl should get a factory ride on merit.  Lorenzo is in the box seat for next season - he can't really lose if he stays at Yamaha or moves to Honda - for either scenario, he can almost name his price for a new contract.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Lorenzo to hrc for sure

As you say cosher, he can name his price. But without a title sponsor yamaha won't be able to afford it. And i can see no reason why the spanish owned repsol company wouldn't want a pair of spanish riders taking one twos in the 4 spanish races. If he's lucky dani will get ro keep marcquez's seat warm for another year...

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LORENZO

would go to honda if yamaha not pay him like he wanted. negotiation still running. but if stoner really retire, i'm sure he'll go to honda.

Reply to this Topic
TwoSkoops

Aug 10

TwoSkoops says:

If Lorenzo does go to Honda it would open up a seat at Yamaha for Dani - I think Dani would be incredible on the Yam because it is widely recognised as being similar in character to an oversized 250 and we all know how good Dani was on the 250.  For that reason I think Lorenzo would initially struggle on the Honda because he came from 250 straight onto the factory Yam so he has never ridden anything like the Honda and I'm not sure it would suit his style which is more precise.  I'm sure he would adapt thogh because he is a stunning talent but i really hope Dani moves to Yamaha because I think the Yam suits his style.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Correct me if im wrong

but hasnt the honda boss already said that there won't be 2 spanish riders in the repsol team next year? Id put my money on Jorge and Valentino on a 1 year contract until marquez turns up

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Seat Numbers

Could depend alot on how many seats there actually are next year.... If the 4 bike rule (2 satellite, 2 factory) rule applies then there are even less places for people to go and sponsorship/marketing coming with you is a big bargaining chip now ....

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

You dont say.... i was making the point that lorenzo and dani cant be in the same team next year, unless theyre both at yamaha... :O

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

dam shame

BennyH -- much respect and all, but please share where the Bradly contract has been torn up,, and not by some idiot know-it-all pseudo Journo who is speculating. Top news because that would be the only righteous thing that I have heard in gp in a while. Bradly isn't even top 10 fast in moto2,, sorry to his fans but a rain race doesn't erase 2 years worth of mid pack results,, and please don't whine about his bike holding him back cuz that’s BS. Like every other rider, he's not worthy of  a promotion until he's a regular on the podium.

On topic - Unfortunately Bradl is just as screwed as Bautista, as they are part of the "worthy" riders who deserve a shot at a top factory seat, but won't get one,, for the single reason that there are only 4 quality rides are they are already spoken for,, for the next few years (it's obvious that Ducati doesn't count as they are the new Suzuki.. Marquez and Dani will occupy the Repsol seats from 2014 on,, (who's foolish enough to believe the response to a journo question that "There will be no all Spanish Repsol team") all that statement does is get the critics off their back.
and such is the continued pathetic state motogp today, the fight for 4 friggin bikes. The rest matter as much as a CRT bike,, which is to say ,, they are all grid fillers incapable of winning, regardless of who’s riding them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices