Skip to content

Discuss This Paul Bird: “Ellison can kick on now” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Paul Bird: “Ellison can kick on now”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Paul Bird: “Ellison can kick on now”

Paul Bird believes James Ellison’s confidence will have soared and his results continue to improve after the British rider finished top CRT rider for the first time in Le Mans last weekend. Ellison finished 11th in a rain-lashed race in France to deliver his best performance of the season, shortly after being heavily criticised by team boss Bird for a lacklustre...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 May 2012 14:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Good result for James being top CRT rider at Le Mans and finally that is a picture I would never want to see again.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Don't get carried away!

Don't get me wrong, really pleased to see Ellison finish as top CRT rider but the rain must have played a huge factor in removing some of that chatter.  Let's see what happens in Spain in two Saturdays time although agreed Ellison's 11th will certainly serve as a confidence boost and it would be great to see more top CRT finishes from him.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

2 faced twat

bird was going to kick ellison off the bike and put shakey on it the other week,bit of fun my arse.

Reply to this Topic
Parlo

May 12

Parlo says:

James results

I was at Le Mans and I know James and some other riders could not see Don't know if it was spray off the bikes in front or their visors steaming up. But I heard him and others commenting on it after the race . The visibility was dire and James struggled to see in the race as did Ben Spies and Rossi. So all in all he deserves the Ride. He didn't deserve the humiliation in the first place.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Birdie

He's always been an impatient twat, he's dumped so many riders in the past. I don't think Shakey could do any better as he's never been any good at set up anyway.  Well done James.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

bit of fun ?

What did he do for a party piece, pull the wings off a fly and the legs off a spider,He is clearly a jerk,I bet Ellison found it hilarious being ripped to shreds on tv and in the press by his supportive boss

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

That Bird guy's a bit of a cock.       8=======) O-:

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

@leecho

To be fair to Bird (though it pains me to do so) I don't recall him saying exactly that. What I recall him saying was that he was going to put Shakey on the bike for a second opinion. I don't recall him actually saying he was going to sack James and give the ride to Byrne. I just took it to mean that he was going to let Byrne do some testing. And Byrne is a designated test rider after all. Yes it was still a stupid thing to say on TV, but he didn't actually go as far as some seem to recall.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Paul Bird Interview

Here's the interview that started the whole Ellison/Byrne saga - uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/08052012/58/bird-byrne-race-motogp-le-mans.html

Other than the Stoner comment it doesn't sound as bad as what some have made out.

Reply to this Topic
buddie

Feb 06

buddie says:

Ellison

It is hard enough for any rider in this sport to always be at the top of their Game. But I remember last year when Ellison was in front of Hill and Hopkins for the whole of the Final BSB race. (which was the Best racing I have ever seen in BSB) It was real edge of your seat stuff. There he was holding up two Full Factory Bikes on a privateer Bike and he got completely ignored by some Red haired commentator (forget his name) at the end of the race. I could see Ellison on t.v. standing next to Tommy Hill and he was completely ignored. But a few weeks ago that same red haired person Got Paul Bird in front of National TV and asked if James Ellison was being replaced. Why the sudden interest in him then. Totally Humiliating for a young rider to find out about it on National tv

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle