Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Too early to ponder 2013 change MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Too early to ponder 2013 change

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Too early to ponder 2013 change

Valentino Rossi says it is too early to contemplate where his future lies in MotoGP after Casey Stoner’s shock decision to retire sparked rumours the Italian could make a dramatic return to Honda or Yamaha in 2013. HRC and Yamaha management have previously ruled out a swoop for Rossi next season while the 33-year-old struggles to be a consistent front-runner at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 May 2012 15:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Let the...

Rossi v Stoner arguing/bitching/bad behaviour commence!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Casey is only retiring because Dorna have told honda to give Rossi a factory bike as no one is interested in folk who moan about doing the best job on the planet...... will that do...??? Casey will stay after his tantrum, was using his crying as leverage against Ezpeleta, Dorna leaked it deliberately and forced his hand, his new marketing team will come up with an excuse to stay later in the year(my money is on family reasons).., Jorge will be stuck with the yamaha that he so badly wanted and continue to produce yamahas worst results in a decade but will though his twitter fanbase maintain their access to a soup kitchen to keep them fed, and Rossi will be on either a competitive ducati(bye Prezzy!) or Suzuki..and will be where all the action is as usual....If we are lucky their will be 3 competitive bikes on the grid and we'll talk about how those 3 bikes are doing the bus getting podiums.... Hope I'm wrong..

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

And ill post it again... Well this is a more fitting story i guess...

Suppo has changed his tune eh..... Honda’s Communications Director Livio Suppo in a Spanish interview said “it would be a pretty ending to the story if Rossi came back to Honda.”

Have a read of this... Its about the impact of Stoner being a quitter... It's quite a good read..

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-noyes-notebook-irreplaceable-pt-i/P1

I also think that Stoner will bottle it and do a Motegi... He will change his mind and race on...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well of course everything is up in the air now

that Stoner has retired.

The key is Lorenzo. Where he goes determines all other moves.

Oh Hardlylean. Rossi had his chance to be on the same bike (well same enough, everyone knows Rossi's contracts always have him on superior kit) to Stoner in 2007. But Rossi not being dumb clocked Stoners speed 2006 and thought 'no way am I having a kid that fast on the same bike as me' And so the Stoner to Yamaha deal never happened. Minty Moaner will say otherwise but if you're bright enough you'll be able to read between these lines loud and clear.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

we will look at Stoner’s amazing accomplishments and demonstrate statistically that, riding the difficult end explosive Ducati 800cc, he succeeded where other world champions struggled. Nice one from kenny...thanks moaner for the link.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

mmm

Yeah good read...But it does'nt really tell us anything we don't already know...it just clarifies some reasoning behind decisions and authenticates the possibilities of rider x going to team x.

To be fair what it did say in length is there are only Really TWO riders who Honda are RReally considering..

Lorenzo....Whom like in the piece will have pick of Manufacture's....He has speed AND age on his side...

But if JLO decides he'll remain loyal to Yam...VR is there man...

I can not see VR going back there....But what i would like to see is VR going to 1) Gresini or 2) LCR Honda...

This would make more sense.....and especially if JB retires as rumoured at end of this season...

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

mmm

Yeah good read...But it does'nt really tell us anything we don't already know...it just clarifies some reasoning behind decisions and authenticates the possibilities of rider x going to team x.

To be fair what it did say in length is there are only Really TWO riders who Honda are RReally considering..

Lorenzo....Whom like in the piece will have pick of Manufacture's....He has speed AND age on his side...

But if JLO decides he'll remain loyal to Yam...VR is there man...

I can not see VR going back there....But what i would like to see is VR going to 1) Gresini or 2) LCR Honda...

This would make more sense.....and especially if JB retires as rumoured at end of this season...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Climbdown?

If Stoner's 'retirement' is a stunt as has been suggested, how bad is it going to look when he says he's had a change of heart and will race on.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm sure Vale will stay with Ducati if the developments underway manage to produce a podium contending machine. A WC on the flying pig would be a fairytale end to an amazing career. A big ask, granted...

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

rubbing his hands together

Valentino will be fully recharged to complete this last season on the duc in prep for his return to HRC. Watch his mood swing back in 3 or 4 months when Casey says, "I've changed my mind"

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Elvis seen in my local chip shop...

Hehe I like it "when he changes his mind" - Stoner fans in full denial. He's gone dude, could see him coming back in 2, 3, 4 even 5 years when he gets bored and blitzing everyone in his first race but he won't do a sudden U turn now.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices