Skip to content

Discuss This HRC boss: No way to change Casey Stoner’s mind on retirement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > HRC boss: No way to change Casey Stoner’s mind on retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

HRC boss: No way to change Casey Stoner’s mind on retirement

Casey Stoner’s Repsol Honda boss Livio Suppo says HRC didn’t try and talk the Australian out of his shock decision to retire from full-time racing at the end of 2012. Stoner stunned the racing world when he announced on the eve of last weekend’s French Grand Prix at Le Mans his decision to leave MotoGP when he will be aged just...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 May 2012 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

If stoner doesn't deliver the title this year he will retire as an ex champion...

So will Rossi bud when he chooses to hang up his leathers. Your point?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha ha

You guys are hilarious.Have you not realised its only the same few Stoner fanboys that think he won't be forgotten.(actually there's a couple missing)
Retiring after winning 2 or maybe 3 titles is hard to comprehend not just by us mere mortals but also from the majority of top riders as well.
Sure he is an awesome rider and he will be remembered by some as one of the greatest but by most as winning 2 titles on bikes that were ruled by electronics and probably the worst ever bikes to enter into Moto GP.
Sad but true.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner memories

Now we get down to it buelligan ; it would seem to be  your earnest hope rather than anything else that it will be forgotten that stoner beat rossi, on the bikes both were riding, it being difficult even with stoner's talent to beat rossi on bikes he never rode.

As I have said I think he will be remembered like fast freddie spencer if he retires this week-end, above him if he retires with the third championship. Spencer to rossi's lawson is fine with me and I suspect most stoner fans.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

not at all doohanfan

I have respect for Stoner retiring and the fact he beat Rossi although things may have been different if Rossi has been riding something other than the Ducati.Yes he beat Rossi through the 800 era and well done to him.
I just agree with the majority of people that he will be easily forgotten simply helped by the fact he is quitting after this season.
No matter what anyone says he will never be remembered like Valentino Rossi but there are not many who will so there's no shame in that.
As I have said before Stoner in my opinion is an awesome rider but has a bit of a flawed character just like the Ducati.
They were well matched.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Remembering - what does it matter

When facts are facts and Stoner won the head to head whilst they were racing together. History books will show it and that means, quite simply, it won't be forgotten. Whether he is remembered like Rossi is of no consequnce to anyone it seems apart from a little pool of contributors on here - a pool into which you seem to belong in following your last few comments - purely because you keep labouring the point

As for

I have respect for Stoner retiring and the fact he beat Rossi although things may have been different if Rossi has been riding something other than the Ducati

Try and have a sense of perspective. In the 5 years Rossi was on a factory Yamaha, Stoner spent 1 year on a low spec LCR Honda with inferior tyres and 4 years on the Ducati. Why didn't you say things could have been different if Stoner had also been on a Honda or Yamaha for those 5 years - instead of Rossi spending just 1 year on a bike he didn't like. Doesn't suit the argument I guess.

Sure he is an awesome rider and he will be remembered by some as one of the greatest but by most as winning 2 titles on bikes that were ruled by electronics and probably the worst ever bikes to enter into Moto GP.

This would be the same era that the Yamaha that Rossi rode was acknowledged to have the best electronics package of all. Notice also, which rider is constantly asking for new electronics and less power to control his Ducati because he can't. The one that called the other riders pussies and playstation pilots.

I just agree with the majority of people that he will be easily forgotten

By majority, do you mean you and a few more on here and one MCN journalist?

It's Rossi fans who keep bringing up whether he will be remembered or not. The only thing they have to cling to at the moment is the fact that he has more records and wins to his name than Stoner. Hardly surprising given their respective times in Motogp and hardly relevant to anyone else. The way history is being written at the moment, people will be remembering Rossi well enough, but not for the reasons you seem to imagine.

Last prototype again in practise today.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I have respect for Stoner retiring and the fact he beat Rossi although things may have been different if Rossi has been riding something other than the Ducati

This one line completely sums you up 'Buell'.

Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha ha

Gets you lot goin' though...so serious!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN