Skip to content

Discuss This 10 good reasons why this year's TT is going to be a belter TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > 10 good reasons why this year's TT is going to be a belter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

10 good reasons why this year's TT is going to be a belter

The 2012 Isle of Man TT kicks off with the first practice session tomorrow afternoon (May 26) and it looks set to be a good year. Here's 10 reasons why this year's TT is set to be berilliant. Ian Hutchinson back from serious injury with a WSB-spec factory Swan Yamaha superbike. Michael Dunlop doing his own thing with three different makes of bike, built by himself...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 May 2012 16:13)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Norton

And Norton. Norton making a TT comeback with an all-new V4 motorcycle.

Are you havin a laugh? Back of the grid then.

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Very

patriotic and optimistic comments there Rowdy. You got to start somewhere, nothing like kicking them before they even get started.

‘When Honda machines and mechanics first appeared at the TT in 1959, they were not taken seriously. No one really believed for a moment that these little motorbikes were anything more than inferior copies of western products.’

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Norton

or is it Aprilia??????? Bit of a joke really saying it's a Norton V4. Anyway, best of luck, Ciao

Reply to this Topic
SpeedT03

May 12

SpeedT03 says:

Tyco Suzuki to win?

Would love to see the TAS boys win in 2012. Good luck guys!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

MCN Stole Lee Childs Line for Guy Martin..

I read in this weeks MCN a quote by MCN for Guy Martins riverboat DVD "Men want to be him.  Women want to be with him".  Couple of things wrong with this.  The first part (being) this quote is not true.  I for one would not want to be a whinging skinny tool who disrespects other riders (Hutchy is going to cane the snap-on wielding fool AGAIN this year without question).  Secondly, it's not MCN's quote.  It's the line Lee Child uses on his now worldwide famous character Jack Reacher.  MCN did not come up with that line and I'm surprised the bosses sanctioned the quote on a BBC marketed DVD.  One of the office tards must have read one of his novels or more likely picked it up by accident instead of the sun. Not impressed with Plageurism here.

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

shawno76

Talk about going out of your way to sound stupid... I want to be Guy Martin for a day - I know other guys who do, I know of women who would like to be 'with' him so that's your first assertion trashed. Then you say " I for one would not want to be a whinging skinny tool who disrespects other riders" - you just did you F***ing idiot. Not satisfied with looking this dumb you continue to dig further into stupidity trying to appropriate an ancient line used in Austin Powers in 1997, James Bond in 1962, and Humphrey Bogart in the 1950's. You are obviously more than qualified to join the Office 'tards.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

They said that about Austin Powers?

Easy there princess - the second you want to be someone else (which speaks volumes in itself) and even worse that person is Guy martin, I'd consider starting the car and heading for the nearest cliff.   Martin is a whinging fool, you can't have a front page spread in MCN saying Hutchy is no threat and not expect any backlash.  What a moronic statement.  You can't walk off the podium at the IoM TT and not expect to be criticsed. What a child.  The picture of him on a canal boat with that ridiculous barnet in blue overalls supported by the line 'Men want to be him and women want to be with him' is irony of the highest order (even worse that line was used for Jack Reacher, James Bond and Humphrey Bogart - I trust you had to google that one - but thanks anyway).  Couldn't MCN come up with their own line? What do we pay these guys for? Martin should learn some humility from Hutchy (who's going to spank him AGAIN anyway). 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Hutchy

You think he'll beat Guy. Maybe, but I think Guy must start as favourite in that competition. Role on 1st superbike practice tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
jinks82

May 04

jinks82 says:

Bloody hell guys.  This isn't football you know.  Why can't you just enjoy the racing?  For what its worth I really like GM as a character.  All sports need characters.  He shows his emotions, his naivity and his skills in one affable (to me at least) package.  He's clearly a great rider and a skilled mechanic.  I'm tempted to say 'chill' or some other inane word in the parlance of our time (spot that one?) but I hate the expression and every moron who uses it!

I'm off on my honeymoon for 2 weeks so I hope those Frenchies show it on TV!

Reply to this Topic
AlexKing

Mar 09

AlexKing says:

shawno76

Dear me, if you're going to accuse others of poor writing standards and plagiarism, at least learn how to spell it. If you're not sure how to, you could copy it from somewhere! The phrase is so common, you could almost call it part of the vernacular like, for example "pot calling the kettle black" and "thick as two short planks". You know the kind of thing. Hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices