Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

MotoGP fans around the world breathed a collective sigh of relief when Valentino Rossi vowed to race on until the end of 2014 during last weekend’s French Grand Prix at Le Mans. After Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner dropped a bombshell that he is retiring at the end of 2012, Rossi stated his intention to race for at least two more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 May 2012 17:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

Yep Rossi...

....has outlasted them all...maybe Stoner will return to say WSBK in the future...when he grows up a bit..

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Yep Rossi

A REAL RACER

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Yep Rossi

A REAL RACER

If it was Vale retiring i'd say 'all the best bud and thanks for the memories' but why do you find it so hard to accept that Stoner wants to change his life Buell? Is it personal to your own? Are you trapped? Are you jealous maybe? 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

nope PC

not jealous at all .Just find it hard to understand how Casey can just give it up especially the way he is riding at the moment.As I have already said there is probably more to it than we know about but if that is his decision I fully respect it and good luck to him,his family and whatever he does next.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Admission

Valentino is merely echoing Casey's decision. 'When it feels like work I will retire'.

Valentino is married to his work and Casey is married to Adriana and for now that is the situation.

The kicker is that Valentino finds it impossible to sign the divorce papers. Casey is 'off like a dirty sock' with his good or bad reputation intact.

You know we have this GOAT issue bandied about, but its only relevant to era's.

Rossi stop ! I doubt it. Capirex syndrome. Admirable in terms of longevity within MGP, to what end ?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

in your blood

Once it's in your blood it is extremely hard to give it up as most racers will tell you. It's like a drug...extremely addictive.
I reckon Casey may have made a mistake going so early but that could have something to do with me rather he was staying.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Buell

Just find it hard to understand how Casey can just give it up especially the way he is riding at the moment.

So did i bud until i read the part where he said 'i've achieved my goal'. It's therefore job done-move on. 'Bootlegger' sums it up.........   

Admirable in terms of longevity within MGP, to what end ?

Caseys made his mark, will certainly be in the Hall of Fame, and will now start the next chapter of his life. Not too shabby for a 26yr old ;) 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

maybe so PC

but I still say there is more to it. Most racers in the situation Stoner is in would want to carry on and win more titles.
Personally I think the Simoncelli accident may be a contributing factor but as I said it is his decision and good luck to him in the future.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

The double

Shame Casey didn't try F1, and taken to that, a champion on those 4 wheels for the next chapter in his life, would have been something, but as it stands it's left with John Surtees.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

John Surtees

.................likes his food piping hot! So if you happen to own/run a restaurant you've been warned.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices