Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

MotoGP fans around the world breathed a collective sigh of relief when Valentino Rossi vowed to race on until the end of 2014 during last weekend’s French Grand Prix at Le Mans. After Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner dropped a bombshell that he is retiring at the end of 2012, Rossi stated his intention to race for at least two more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 May 2012 17:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

JUST A JOB

As Rossi says he is passionate about racing motorcycles and enjoys the way of life . If you watch him at any MOTOGP meeting he is at the trackside watching the other races and taking a keen intrest. We need this sort of rider in MOTOGP  On the other hand stoner even though he is a fantastic rider hasnt got that sort of passion and to him its more of a job. Even at ducati stoner had periods where he wouldnt or couldnt race and i for one wasnt suprised when he announced his retirement the final nail was becoming a dad. I would think he will go back to australia and have a bash at v8 super cars. Any way what ever he does i wish him luck   

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi

stopping as well as Stoner would about see the end to Moto gp, as we know it. The championship is in a bad enough state, as it is, struggling to survive with a tarnished image, which is now based on tuned production bikes, not factory "one-off" prototypes. Can't say that I like the thought of seeing Stoner retire so early when he has clearly got so much to give. Howver, it is his decision and no one can argue with that. Let's hope no one else decides to retire early!! Although Rossi hasn't achieved anything, as yet, with the Desmo he is still one of the biggest crowd pullers and without him things would really be dire. Good on him, and good for Moto gp, for committing himself to another couple of years anyway! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Don't know about food but

after meeting him and chatting at length with him he is a true gentleman and an extrmely knowledgeable man especially when it comes to 500 MV's.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

The state

The current state of moto gp hopefully wont stay for too long. Ive long lambasted formula 1 for the sham years it went through where the rules changes so often that the manufacturers didnt understand them fully let alone the fans. Yet it seems to have found its feet and a happy middle ground and is decent to watch again. Moto GP I feel will go the same way lost in the wilderness for a while then climbing back to greatness. No one rider is greater than the sport, look how M Schumacher dominated and he left then although he is back look how many characters sprung up in the place of dominance. Obviously Im thrilled Vale is staying :) But the sports been thrown a curve ball by its current dominant factor, but it will endure, even when they've both gone, just needs time to find its feet, probably when Uncle C has handed the reins over to people with less agendas and different viewpoints.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

motogp

look at the sponsorship.......only 3 factory teams and only 2 teams with a sponsor......it seems the only thing keeping it from imploding is monster money....

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

Yes, I reckon that's the last place he'd want to go blood bublê.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

MURDOCH/SUN/ MOTO GP..

Exclusive tv right`s for Sky,that`s the final "nail in the coffin",as far as I`m concerned.Never mind the  fact that money for Prototype`s doesn`t exist any-more,and won`t do for many,many year`s.                        The idea of paying a penny toward`s the Murdoch`s in any way ,shape ,or form ! Sod that.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

MOTOGP is spelled "ROSSI"

"The French Grand Prix demonstrated the true balance of power in MotoGP, Stoner, Lorenzo and Rossi, and nothing else.  In the wet, where the gap between the bikes is reduced, the rider makes more of a difference.  It's about who has more courage and more class."

"The organizers, Ezpeleta and Dorna, will be obligated to put Valentino on a competitive bike.  He always guarantees some excitement.  I'm sorry for Ducati, and I hope they can turn things around, but Dorna will put him on a better bike.  He is the last hope for MotoGP.  They will save the series by putting him on competitive equipment.  This race showed that Valentino is the same as he has always been, but now with younger competition."

"I'd also stress again that the way in which Stoner announced his retirement showed little respect for the entire management of the series.  There is nothing you can say about the way he rides, but as a person he disappointed me."

Read more: http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201205227001/Pernat-it-s-Rossi-that-drives-MotoGP.html#ixzz1vzuXdkdC

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Milkybars

That about sums it up,

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

milkybars

What are you on Milkybars, Rossi is on a competitive bike, Stoner proved that time and time again, it's now had millions chucked at it and Rossi still can't ride it properly.  As for disappointing as a person, don't Rossi's dirty mind games, pit walls, doubtful riding tactics etc. disappoint you, they sure did me. I was a Rossi fan until I began to understand what an unpleasent self serving arse he is. As for GOAT I've seen a lot of great riders in my time and there is only one person out there at this time who's ability on a racing motorcycle comes anywhere near that description and it's Stoner not Rossi.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices