Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

MotoGP fans around the world breathed a collective sigh of relief when Valentino Rossi vowed to race on until the end of 2014 during last weekend’s French Grand Prix at Le Mans. After Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner dropped a bombshell that he is retiring at the end of 2012, Rossi stated his intention to race for at least two more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 May 2012 17:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

velopete

Come on your not as dumb as that to really think that is true.
What other rider has been able to get results on the Duke since the introduction of the 800's? NONE and that is why it needs to be changed.
Do you know Rossi personally to make comments like that or are you as stupid to believe all you read?
Granted Stoner is a great rider and possibly one of the greats but he is flawed in some ways just like the Ducati.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

It is good to see Vale saying this he will continue to race on but the question which team will he beat at.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

YamRacer

He really wants to stay with Ducati but obviously it depends if they can get the bike competitive this year or not. Simple as that.
If that does not happen he will consider his best options but that is a long way off yet.
He is Italian and his dream is to win on the Ducati!

Reply to this Topic
prawny72

Jan 11

prawny72 says:

velopete

what are you on mate.. you cant compare stoners ducati to rossi"s ducati, there 2 totaly different bikes,

put stoner on the 2011/2012  ducati and he  would do no better than rossi today, just remind yourself  at the results from all the other ducati riders too,  look at hayden, another great rider who is struggling,

put rossi on a honda today,  gauranteed he would be up with stoner if not beeting him,

last weeks race was in my and 1 million other people"s view of a level playing field, stoner got beat fair and square,  AFTER ALL ROSSI IS A 9 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION... HE DOESNT JUST FORGET HOW TO RIDE A BIKE, you will eat your words when ducati sort the bike out or when rossi DECIDES ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND JUMPS SHIP TO HONDA..........2013

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

I can be very sure if CS was on the 2011/12 Ducati he would still get good results that bike was poor in 2010 compared to its rivals Yamaha and Honda and Still Casey got podiums and need I say 3 wins which aint a bad return.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

prawny72

What are you on mate? Put stoner on the 2011/2012 ducati and he would be winning! Not riding around at the back! That is the reality, not you're wishful analogy of the situation. That Desmo now has had millions spent on it, but the reality is that Rossi can't ride it and Stoner can! I would love to see Stoner on that bike now, I'm sure it would be in the top 3, if not winning! and yes, you could put Rossi on a Honda but that still wouldn't guarantee him winning anything and doesn't excuse his abysmal failure to do anything on the Desmo! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Very well said Eddy I agree with your pist 100%.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Rossi.

He started of with C.S's duck , and couldnt ride the thing . Millions later and he still cant......

Dont know about you lot , but thats a testiment to C.S's riding ability/skill .

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Ball sacks

How u can say " put stoner on the Ducati and he'd be top 3 if not win and put Rossi on Honda and he still won't do anything" or words to that effect is complete imaginative bollocks based on nothing. No evidence nada. . . You are coming up with this from the deepest depths of your ass. Rossi = superb rider. Stoner = superb rider. The bikes change every year, tyres, other riders, luck, injuries etc etc come into play. That was then this is now. Get back to reality. I for one am disappointed that stoner is choosing to retire. Rossi I hope will carry on for years to come. There are wins still left in the old dog.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Many great riders

Could not/ cannot ride the duke like they rode/ won on other bikes. Stoner could. Does that make him a better rider. No. It makes him a better rider of the Ducati or a bike that handles in the style of the ducati. End of. Hes a great rider but there are alot of other great riders also.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices