Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Valentino Rossi: “I’ve never thought about stopping”

MotoGP fans around the world breathed a collective sigh of relief when Valentino Rossi vowed to race on until the end of 2014 during last weekend’s French Grand Prix at Le Mans. After Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner dropped a bombshell that he is retiring at the end of 2012, Rossi stated his intention to race for at least two more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 May 2012 17:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Are you sure Stoner took the 2007 title due to a power advantage in MotoGP there is no such thing as a power advantage lets just say Ducati caught their rivals off guard by building a bike that proved to better then the Yamaha and Honda and Stoner riding his socks off and obviously being consistent has that is what wins you titles in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Is simplicity too much?

Wosideg, your detailed knowledge outweighs mine on this matter - however casey could still win on the Ducati and ride the absolute balls off it beating better machinery (granted, not every time - but more often than not he still won on a pig bike).  Had he not highsided in Valenica at the end of 2010 on the warm up lap, he'd probably have won that race too.  Had he gone to Honda earlier, he'd have 3 world championships under his belt.  Not being a big Stoner fan  (and much respect to the Swiss loving fella)  looking subjectively - doesn't that make Casey a better racer for the last 3 years or am I being too layman mate? And yes, Rossi outclassed him in Le Mans, but he aint gonna beat him in the dry is he?  Stoner is simply the fastest man alive (albeit a little unhappy)....  p.s. I saw Rossi in Mugello in 2009 (Stoner won, Toseland was 6th, the atmosphere was pure madness!!).  Much love (and looking for education) my friend.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

zogg

i`m not down on rossi....i think he is,was and will always be remembered as a brilliant rider......the slagging always starts with...`stoners on the best bike`......to justify his pace both on the ducati and the honda........people seem to turn a blind eye to rossi`s tactics both on and off the track.....which he hides behind a cheeky grin.......and yes why do the same thing over and over again if u don`t enjoy it anymore???...i wouldn`t no matter what it was..and obviously stoner doesn`t either...stoner has lots of money now and money gives u FREEDOM....it has turned into a job to him now,and how many people on here would still be doing their job if they won the lottery????

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

zogg

by the way if the ducati had such a massive advantage how come capirossi only came 7th on the same factory duke in 2007???....surely if the advantage was massive they would have been doing plenty of 1/2 finishes like the yamaha or honda was when rossi was riding them???

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

well

Had he not highsided in Valenica at the end of 2010 on the warm up lap, he'd probably have won that race too.  Had he gone to Honda earlier, he'd have 3 world championships under his belt.

Is this not a little like saying that if rossi had stayed on the repsol he would be 12 times WC...

Cause he (VR) too was untouchable on the honda.....totally dominating when he was on it...And IF rossi had'nt broke his leg or hurt his shoulder he would've been 2010 champion...??

It's all abit 'if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle'......

But one thing is for sure....CS did ride the duke 'BETTER THAN ROSSI'.....on occassion...!!...

But like my last comment...by his own admmision it WAS a pig to ride...to the point it made him ill..

Hats of to him though for the times he did win on it...cause that took balls...

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

2006,2007,2008 - Trellis Frame

2009,2010,2011 - CF Frameless Design.

2011,2012 -  CF design Made from alloy , Twin Spar Design.

The 2009 Onwards bike cannot be compared to the 2007 Ducati due to the totally different design concept.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Blinkers on?

Too true Dave, and neither can their results at Ducati eh! Florence just isn't in the same ballpark, the stats don't lie. Then again, he does regularly say the bike hasn't changed, despite being rehashed several times.

Zoggthefuckedupdipstic, stop pretending to be a man! Everyone knows you drink strongbow with that other fkn shiela that posts here! Woof woof.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Had he not highsided in Valenica at the end of 2010 on the warm up lap, he'd probably have won that race too.  Had he gone to Honda earlier, he'd have 3 world championships under his belt.

That was in 2009 when CS highsided on the warm up lap in 2010 he finished 2nd behind JL.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

This Fat

short, insipid, fuck named Bob Butt Mans Angy use to have his profile shown, now it's hidden. When it was available it said this ass hole was a Power station switch operator.

SO, why the fuck don't you drive out to your red fucking rock and throw that power switch you fat fuck. Hump a few two legged overgrown rodent and stop trying to be a Motogp know it all and throw that power switch.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

oh dear

looks like a few people have got underneath a few others skins!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle