Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

What 125

Hello

I'm new to the Forum and new to Biking too!

I ride a 50cc Scooter at the moment but i'm defiantly wanting to get a geared 125 next year when I turn 17. But the question is what 125?

I'm not bothered about sporting looks, I just want something that will get me from A-B but most importantly get me through my test. I'm discounting a used bike mainly because I don't want to buy someone else's trouble!

So any ideas on an ideal 125?

Thanks

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 May 2012 19:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

if i was young

..I think the most beautiful 125 on the market is the cagiva moto. ...but not at all reliable. If money wasn't an option, there's the yamaha..stunning bike with good hp being offered.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Pretty much

spot on. You can drive a car which can kill quite easily but a bike is so dangerous!

They're trying to cut down on motorcycle deaths which I can understand but it's also another way the EU and its unelected bureaucrats are interfering with our lives without any mandate from us to do so.

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

LearnerRider

What's yer budget, and how tall are you ?

Also, are you going to trade up for a bigger bike as soon as you've passed your test ?

Hannahb - the pcx rocks

philehidiot - :mad: don't get me started :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Budget

Around £2000  hopefully and I'm just 6ft ish

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

nice pic NHB

is that a mito before or after its been crashed? 

dont forget the Aprillia RS125

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

LearnerRider

Wouldn't buy a brand new 125 myself, tend to go for an up together second hand one. If you shop around there are some good ones out there as people don't tend to keep them long, passing their test and moving up to something bigger which will probably be what you will do. Save the cash for your next bike. Its your choice obviously but it sounds like from your post that you want to progress quite rapidly.

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

I'm all up for progressing but I plan on keeping a 125 for 2 years or so, so that I can gain some more experience at faster speeds.

Reply to this Topic
DOLOMITE73

May 12

DOLOMITE73 says:

Hi, I was in a similar position and bought a Yamaha YBR125. I love it, but to be fair I've not ridden anything else against which to compare it! The Honda CBF125 looks almost an identical bike. I sat on the Honda in the shop and the riding position didn't seem quite so comfy. Top speed on the Yamaha is an indicated 70mph, but I tend to sit at around 60, which at 8,000 revs seems enough. Not worked out fuel economy yet but seems amazing when I'm used to a 2.0L petrol car!

Reply to this Topic
whitewolf0158

Jun 12

be careful

you dont get stuck with a chinese piece of crap, i hear some makes are better than others but i got stuck with a chinese honda CG125-S last year and the bloody thing was nothing but trouble, i bought a second hand YBR125 for £1400 6 weeks ago and the quality is far better,

i'm like you in the sense that although i'll be 27 next week i wont be able to afford the DAS until next year so i'll be stuck with the new system,

while we're on the subject does anyone know how this will effect CBT's? mine runs out october 2013 and while i'm going to be doing my test before then i'm not sure if theres any restrictions coming that will change what i can ride, i did try to look it up but it didnt make much sense,

Ta lads

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle